Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my stuff in, the Pro Armor skids and Dr D reverse lever. Cool, or so I thought.
Looks like I'll have to notch the chassis skid on either side where it flairs up to accomodate the Tusk Nerfs. Was a nice looking skid, too. If it was solid it wouldn't be too bad, but it had holes and notches punched in it so the hole I put in will have a jagged effect. I may have to trim it off with some aluminum.
Oh yeah... and the reverse lever sits right behind where my Vapor is mounted, so I'll have to move something there, too.
:mad:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... it wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. The notch fell right where it looked like it should be. I'm sure quite by accident ::) A little cutting with a wafer wheel got the skid mounted.
On the plus side.... the hole for the oil drain plug was right where it's supposed to be :thumbsup: :lol:

I saw another post wondering if the GYTR chassis skid would need notched to fit around the Tusk nerfs... my guess is yes. Any skid that flairs up the side a few inches will.

I had to make three cuts in all. Those two 1/2" sections on the finished edge and about a 1" cut where you can see some grind (deburring) marks.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just as I suspected, thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts