Raptor Forum banner

Went for a ride today...

830 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Midwayusa 
#1 ·
Well guys I took it out for a good long ride with a buddy and the wife today. Went to the river here in Oklahoma and am realizing I really need some dang paddles!!! Once I got going it wasn't that bad but I got it handed to me by a couple of 300ex's with paddles out there. My friend rides an old 225 3 wheeler and he was having about the same trouble but with the front end being light on his he was floating the front end. All in all though I am glad I left 2 wheels for 4.
What kind of terrain do any of you guys ride?

#2 ·
I ride sand with Holeshots and do fine. Front end doesn't seems light to me...

#3 ·
I ride mostly dirt here in Kansas. Headed to the dunes at Waynoka the end of the month. A friend at the dealer swears the tires below are the ticket on Warrior and Raptor 350's:
http://www.amazon.com/Duro-D12018-Sand-Tire-22x10-9/dp/B001CD6YB8

I bought a set and will soon know if he is right. He says sand tires with a deep paddle dig too much and my Sand Shark II's did just that on my Warrior.

#4 ·
im from the southeast so i usually ride alot of tight rocky trails that suit 4x4s better, although it has left me hurting and with a beaten and broken raptor a couple of times the brown mtn. trail system is probably my favorite so far that ive ridin. But I do run mud lites on my raptor so i do like to put them to use in deep mud holes and whatever mud i can find not matter where im riding whether it be a trail system or just messing around with friends around the house.

#5 ·
We have a local riding area that is pretty rocky. When I ride rock or dirt I use my Sedona Bazooka tires. I bought them new at the local dealer and have had good luck with them so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.