Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Raptor out for the 2nd time for a full day of riding and LOVED it! Thought I would not like my quad nearly as much as my bike but ill admit I'm having a blast on this thing.

However! Today while I was out riding I stopped at my truck to take a quick break and get a drink. After I was done I jumped back on the quad to go play and when I pushed the start button, Nothing. Lifted up my seat to find that the Red cable that goes from my battery to my coil (i think that what it is) had broken. I looked around a little to try to find just that wire but no luck so far. Any suggestions on where i could get just that red wire? or anyone have one for sale? New to Raptors so still learning where to locate parts and such..

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
435 Posts
your postive battery cable broke is that what your trying to say?Or to the starter?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I have replaced/upgraded the factory ground wire with a heavier one from an auto parts store. The positive lead is relatively short, if the OEM prices are too high you might be better off just getting some heavy gauge wire from a hardware store and some ring terminals and make your own.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Go to local auto parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts