Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from little Sahara... it was a blast. Sorry I didn't get very many pics of myself... mostly 'cause I'm still chicken from my wreck. But here's one of me... and one of therineman... it was awesome... I'll have some vids later when I have time to compress and post them.

Weather was in the 20s all day. Cold and foggy in the morning... but then really nice and sunny in the afternoon.

-SS

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went out there on Sat, 27 degrees but the snow on the sand was a blast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
is it to cold to bother with paddles? will they just get tore up? should i keep my stockers on?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know about the paddles getting tore up or not :3question: I ran mine without and had plenty of traction :thumbsup: If you shoot the hill the paddles will help.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran without paddles... with mostly worn out stockers... and had a little trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle... mostly it was just more difficult to make it to the top of a dune if there was snow on the face... but in regular sand it was no problem... a few guys were running the maxxis razor and had NO trouble whatsoever... one guy was running paddles, and it didn't seem to make much difference... if the snow is too deep for the paddle to penetrate, then it will just slip, since snow has nearly no mass at all. If the paddle CAN penetrate below the snow into the sand, then you will get traction, but most of the snow we saw was 1" deep or less, so nothing to worry about with regular tires.

-SS

·
Registered
43 Posts
I might have to try to get there this summer. I think that is where we used to drive the old Honda Odessey way back in the day! I was born in Delta and lived in Nephi til I was 7. My dad still lives in UT near Bryce Canyon. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a road trip.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Russ350r said:
I might have to try to get there this summer. I think that is where we used to drive the old Honda Odessey way back in the day! I was born in Delta and lived in Nephi til I was 7. My dad still lives in UT near Bryce Canyon. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a road trip.
Sounds like a real good one to me :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts