Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a private community with 600+ acres of riding trails but most of the people here only have 4wheelers to take trash and are not up for riding. Anyone near the area that might want to ride. Purlear, NC.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Seems a shame to have that much access and not want to go explore. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Morph said:
Seems a shame to have that much access and not want to go explore. Welcome to the forum!
Yeah it is a shame. The trails are really good to
I'd get nothing done in a place like that. I like over-landing/exploring as much as I like rippin' around. As a kid I was over-landing by necessity before I knew what it was and its a bug that's stuck with me.

What are the trails like? Is it just trail or are there some sections/regions? We used to have some trails in Oklahoma where there locals had manicured everything so we had speed sections, tech sections, rhythm, big air etc. Everyone pitched in and there were actually days when everyone would show up with a shovel. Everyone rode there: mountain bikes, dirtbikes, quads and bmx/freestyle guys were there on the reg too.

With an area that size it would be awesome if you could be the spark behind a little community. Lot of potential.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trials are kept up by the POA here. There are 200+ homes over 20-25k acres and when they developed the community in 1994 the started adding trails. It seems like they add a new trail every year. There are ATV trails and Side by side trails. It is on the side of a Mtn so the trails vary from flat to full incline/decline over rock, waterfalls, and gravel. Here are two pics from riding to the main waterfall and on trail/access road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pics keep failing to upload and I tried from phone and computer. Also less than 30 min away is one of the biggest Riding parks in NC so that I think is one reason why people don’t ride here. I believe the park has 70+ miles of trails. Something else I forgot to mention is that I believe there are only a few full time residents like myself. For the rest it’s vacation rentals, second homes, or vacant lots.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Holy shit. That's sounds incredible!~

There's some kind of pic bug presently, hopefully it gets worked out soon, because I'd love to see those.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
The pics keep failing to upload and I tried from phone and computer. Also less than 30 min away is one of the biggest Riding parks in NC so that I think is one reason why people don’t ride here. I believe the park has 70+ miles of trails. Something else I forgot to mention is that I believe there are only a few full time residents like myself. For the rest it’s vacation rentals, second homes, or vacant lots.
Your pics fail to upload until you reach 5 posts I think it is. Throw out another bs post, then follow it with a pic.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Too bad we are not closer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know a few good places over the VA line that are good and just got back from riding out near Kennedy Mtn

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have a permanent camper at Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC we go to....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s nice place to ride. They are supposed to be opening something close to Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills area.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
That's what I hear...we will see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts