Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to invest in some wet weather riding gear. After getting soaked all day yesterday I want to stay dry lol

Anyone suggest some decent stuff?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here is what ive looked at so far.

Socks = I getting some hunting socks from cabellas that with my riding boots should keep my feet dry.

Jacket and Pants

Fox has a real nice waterproof set but at $500 for the set they are a little steep.

ARC has a set that looks like it would do the job at a budget price of $160 for both

MSR at this point this is the set im looking at and runs $360 for both pants and jacket but still doing some looking.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
That two piece doesn't look half bad, but at that price I'm guessing it's made from that stuff cheap ponchos are made from..... the ones that come in a pouch the size of a pack of smokes. Probably only good for standing around in. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya Im looking for something to replace my regular pants and jersey in wet weather and in the winter. Its going to cost a little but I want something to hold up and keep me dry and warm. I really like the Fox gear but trying to talk my self into $500 lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah as soon as I posted that I kept looking and found the fox gear your talking about. WOW, yeah 500 bones is a bit much for me. I will spend 2.50 on some hefty bags to keep me dry. Then again I live in AZ, we aren't exactly know for out cold wet weather. lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
well I don't ride my sport quads much in wet weather but I do ride with chest waders and a rain coat on my utility atvs when its real bad....helps out with the laundry bill :grin_nod:

·
Registered
610 Posts
racegun_2011 said:
well I don't ride my sport quads much in wet weather but I do ride with chest waders and a rain coat on my utility atvs when its real bad....helps out with the laundry bill :grin_nod:
:lol: yeah, those threads just wouldn't cut it on a sport quad ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I usually go to Kmart or Walmart and just get the cheap rain gear 5 or 6 bucks. They only hold up for a couple rides, but they are cheap. If you want to splurge a little Walmart has a nice set for 28 bucks and that so far has lasted me about 8 months of hard riding and I'm always dry even in the rain.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was riding in Sand Lakes, Ore. two weekends ago. To say it was windy and wet was an understatement (Tillamook flooded the day after we left). My $30 bibs and jacket from GI Joes held up fine.

I rode in excess of 70 miles-per-hour back and forth from the West Winds camp site to the bowls many times. Add the wind gusts and at times my jacket and bibs were absorbing 90mph - if not more. No rips/tears and I stayed dry.

I looked like a yellow-wearing crab fisherman in rubber mud boots but was riding in some serious weather; stuff I can't see ordinary folks (or myself again) riding in. And I was able to have fun without worrying about ruining a $500 suit.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The best outfit that I’ve found for riding in the muck stuff is my old snow boarding gear. They keep me dry, warm and some what styled. Not quite the right sport but it looks allot better than the Gordon’s fisherman outfit. All kinds of room, never been bound up in them yet. Enough room in em that I usually wear my after ride clothes under. The set I’m using now has gone thru 4 winters and looks like it's got a few years let. Last year I picked up a spare set for less that $130.00 on clearance after the boarding season.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just bought some today! Thor Ride S7 Pants ($120) and Jacket ($160). I know its pretty expensive, but the quality is outstanding! (Designed for Foul Weather Riding in Wet and Cold Climates) Being I am from the Great Northwest and we get our share of the cold and wet stuff I figured I would step up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well to tell you the truth I wear my normal MX gear and just wear Nelson Rigg (model AX-1 MK II) weather gear on top and am pretty dry at the end. No water goes through those babies. They have a thin fabric and a thicker one, I have the latter and it is of outstanding quality. I do sort of look like a bike messenger boy but at least I'm dry! I have even used it for a 250km enduro with rain and no prob. They cost about 50 bucks.
Link:
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/rainwear.htm

·
Registered
287 Posts
rappyfreak said:
Well to tell you the truth I wear my normal MX gear and just wear Nelson Rigg (model AX-1 MK II) weather gear on top and am pretty dry at the end. No water goes through those babies. They have a thin fabric and a thicker one, I have the latter and it is of outstanding quality. I do sort of look like a bike messenger boy but at least I'm dry! I have even used it for a 250km enduro with rain and no prob. They cost about 50 bucks.
Link:
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/rainwear.htm
Crap! These look pretty good for the $$$ - thanks for the link.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts