Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guy, i have just acciuired some ohlins shocks and GT Thunder A arms that have come from a yfz 450??, the shocks measure 18.25" bolt hole to bolt hole, and i want to fit then to my 700.
now the a arms look like the same lenght as the standard ones so was wondering what a arms would you sugest to use with the ohlins's,(is it +2s - LTs)
i would rather buy used to keep the cost down.

thanks in advance for your help,

btw the quad is blue and white and yes those white houser's look so 8) but are a lot of pennies.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Those shocks were built for a specific arm. They will be much too long for a setup from Houser. Is there any way for you to find out what arms he was running before? It is definitely a LT setup and atleast a +2 arm. Since you are looking to buy used that cancels out having a arms built for you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i friend brought a huge box of bits from a race team that used yfz 450s and were moving to hondas????? so i would asumn they are from a 450 but not 100% on that

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump anyone

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt anyone please:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt anyone please:(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Was thinking someone else might have answered by now.I spoke to Scott (I think that was his name, gettn old) at leager the other day while ordering some arms for my 700. We talked at length about different combos of shocks and arms because I'm gona be using long travel arms with std travel shocks for the SuperMoto stance.
The Leager long travel arm for the 700 uses a 18.5" shock.

The leager long travel arm for the 450 uses a 17.5" shock

Both arms are interchangeable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was thinking someone else might have answered by now.I spoke to Scott (I think that was his name, gettn old) at leager the other day while ordering some arms for my 700. We talked at length about different combos of shocks and arms because I'm gona be using long travel arms with std travel shocks for the SuperMoto stance.
The Leager long travel arm for the 700 uses a 18.5" shock.

The leager long travel arm for the 450 uses a 17.5" shock

Both arms are interchangeable.
thanks for that, i will have to now get some a arms,

btw where abouts in the uk are u:)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Rememeber, when buying a-arms that require more shaft travel than the shocks can handle it's possible to blow out the shock seals. Also if when running shocks with too much shaft travel on an a-arm that isn't design for it will wear out ball joints quickly.

I would get in contact with GT thunder, and buy his arms since the shocks you purchase are designed to work with them. Although, even if you get the a-arms the shocks still may need to be valved for your application and skill level.

I know buying used saves money, but sometimes it's worth the extra few hundred to save time and to get the proper setup in one debit/credit swipe. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok update, i have been told buy a few companies that laeger a arms use 18.5 shocks, so thats what i now have(i think)
, +2 leager a arms with ohlins shocks,:D

my question to you guys is, what is the best camber setting, and toe in-out to use for trails, a bit a road, and some fast tracks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt anyone:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when i fit the A arms im going to replace all of the bearings, and was wondering what everyone uses, is it Allballs / OEM / or any other.
i have email JD performance as i heard they are good but had no reply yet:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update, the a arms and shocks are all fitted loose at the moment, but i have run into a bit of a problem, where the bolt goes through the lower shock mount onto the a arms, the bolt goes through fine, but how do you do the nut up, as a 17mm socket does not fit into the mount??????:(

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.