Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks damn good, like that Dakar bumper but with more to it. Looks like it'll go great with the lines of the raptor as long as the sweep back matches up! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, I didnt do a 3D model so its all good :lol:. It will have the same sweepback as the factory hood(not angled back up top but like a ribcage). Ive played around with it soo much that I kep comin back to this type of design. Time to get the aluminum tubing out and TIG away :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yah, mon! (this is my 100th post, woohoo!) Plan on doing anything with throttle body boring? I figured you'd be a guy who knows about that stuff, but since raptors are making well over 60hp with the stock one maybe it's plenty big enough and won't show a power increase?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good. We could use one that follows the angle of the grill. Can't wait to see the real thing.

Funny I saw someone mention this recently, I have been designing one that looks like the stock one, but only made of multi-piece billet aluminum.

Two things keeping me from making it right now, eye injury and not able to use buddies CNC right now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sweet! You da man! I'm holding my breath to see both the bumper and results of the throttle body experimentation! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks good man please let me know when you are ready to sell them. I want something original :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Thanx, I didnt do a 3D model so its all good :lol:. It will have the same sweepback as the factory hood(not angled back up top but like a ribcage). Ive played around with it soo much that I kep comin back to this type of design. Time to get the aluminum tubing out and TIG away :thumbsup:
Try downloading Google Earth, Then download ScetchUp, it's free and you can draw 3D models. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts