Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about having our own PCIII MAP page. Where people can post there PCIII Custom MAP and share it with other members. You would list your mods, elavation and where the MAP was done.

PCIII Custom MAP 800 ft above sea level, Kansas, DMC Duals, Pro Design (Lid Off) and PCIII

What do you guys think and how could we do this on the site?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great Idea,
but I dont know how many people are willing to give up the custom map they payed $250 to make on the dyno.
Even the one I bought from Rocket Factory cost me $70
I dont mind sharing at all though.. The only thing is.. I dont think its possible to attach a map to a post.
I tried once and it didnt work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I thought about the idea once also but started think the same thing .. I dont think many will want to give it for free.

If you dont have a dyno around your area .. call rocket factory. They can get you a custom map. Rappinitup thanks for refering me to them. I called and Dean said it wouldnt be a problem. So when I need mines done I will get it from them. Of course they will charge you but its not much.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I asked about this quite a while back when I had my custom Map for the LTE's done but never got any response from it other than tons of requests for my map. We would need some type of FTP space to load the maps to, I think it would be cool to make avalible for VIP members only as that would help pay for the additional storage space. If Dracus wants to put a place to upload maps in the VIP area I would be more than happy to share the custom maps I have. At least then people couldn't just blow in from other boards and help them selves to our maps and never contribute to the forum. just my 02.

Also keep in mind SparkyYFZ is going to be getting his dyno online soon and as I understand it he's well versed in creating PCIII maps for haul ass 700R's and I'm sure he would offer forum members who need one a smoking deal on custom maps, so that will be yet another good source for PCIII maps :thumbsup:

Randy

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
If needed I'd GLADLY host the maps for you guys :thumbsup: I have some FTP space I have a server at work that I use where I host my domain (that I do nothing with anymore lol) you would just have to e-mail the maps to me, and I could set up a little site for them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Krandall said:
If needed I'd GLADLY host the maps for you guys :thumbsup: I have some FTP space I have a server at work that I use where I host my domain (that I do nothing with anymore lol) you would just have to e-mail the maps to me, and I could set up a little site for them.

OK .. you are officially the map man. I will send mines to you once I get it. I just hope there is lots of other kind people like myself and a few others who already said they will give up there map for others to see. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Sorry guys I'm interested in posting them in a special VIP area on this site. If Dracus wants to put something like that together for the VIP members then I am in. I have a lot of money invested in my maps and would like to do something forum related. If not then I'll just keep helping peeps out by PM requests as I have been all along. Nothing personal, I just want to keep it exclusive to the Raptor forum and the members who help support it.

Randy

·
Registered
793 Posts
VIP on here would be better. Lets wait to see if Dracus will do that. Krandalls idea was good to me though if Dracus doesnt follow through. Wouldnt he be able to connect it to the forum somehow by a main link?

·
Registered
314 Posts
ok, heres a question, custome maps from what ive read include altitude adjustments as well right?

well, exactly how can someone thats 1000 miles away create one for someone if they have no idea what the altitude or atmosphereic pressure is?

just trying to better educate myself on the subject :thumbsup:

·
Registered
793 Posts
SE700r said:
ok, heres a question, custome maps from what ive read include altitude adjustments as well right?

well, exactly how can someone thats 1000 miles away create one for someone if they have no idea what the altitude or atmosphereic pressure is?

just trying to better educate myself on the subject :thumbsup:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=12202.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.