Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all will make oil light come on?????? My girlfriend just bought this 700 and was buzzin around and the oil light comes on. I shut it off and turned back on light was off. I checked oil level seemed overfull will that cause the light to come on?? Also it did eventually come back on and when we got moving faster light went off hasn't been on sence. I'm assuming because it cooled down and oil retracted maybe?? Please inform any possibilities!!!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Umm... I don't remember seeing an oil light on mine. Are you talking about the water temp light?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
yeah theres either a temperature light or a check engine light. since u described it as when u got moving faster the light shut off more likely being coolant issue.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
yeah theres either a temperature light or a check engine light. since u described it as when u got moving faster the light shut off more likely being coolant issue.
X2

I'm guessing your fan isn't turning on when it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I feel dumb lol yes you are correct everyone not oil light its the temp light it does have coolant so I gues I will have to order a fan and see if that fixes it thanks everyone:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well I feel dumb lol yes you are correct everyone not oil light its the temp light it does have coolant so I gues I will have to order a fan and see if that fixes it thanks everyone:
Fans aren't cheap, I'd test it before buying one and finding out it's just a wire or the sensor. Never had to mess with that much but there might be a fuse involved as well. Do some testing before you waste money.. You can plug the fan straight on 12v to see if it works.. just unplug it from the connector and get some 12v down there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fuses, relays, connectors, etc. (lions, tigers, oh-my!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts