Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... i am a new owner of a 700 se and i am wondering what top 3 mods i should do first?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would do exhaust, intake like a pro design or similair, and get a controller. And of course taking off your lid is free so I would do that too once you get the controller. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What full exhaust is good? I was looking at the HMFs

What do i need for the intake? K&N filter and what else?

Whats the best controller?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Air-warrior04 said:

Your going to get a ton of opinions on this ;) There is nothing wrong with the HMF system if you want to do it on a tight budget and get good bang for your buck I would go with the HMF Pro flow Kit or GYT-R filter & adapter kit and either a Dobeck TFI or PCIII from fuel moto. The best controller for you will be the one you feel most comfortable tuning and working with. Study up on both the PCIII and the Dobeck and make an informed decision. Everyone that has either one of these are plenty happy with them.

c

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not meaning to jack the thread but I was just wondering, whats your new setup making to the rear wheel Randy?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Air-warrior04 said:

As Randy said you will get a ton of opinions. I will give you this advise though. Make your intake and exhaust decisions first. Then get the controller.

Controller? Do some homework here it will payoff.
Do you know how to jet a carb well? If yes and your budget is limited take a look at a Doebeck. They will get the job done.
If you don't then look into PCIII. They are a little more expensive, but they meter fuel better throughout the RPM band and they are much easier to operate in my opinion. If you get a PCIII get it from Fuel Moto USA. They will preload the program for you mods.

Intake? Yes absolutely. I use the ProDesign unit and like it. There are others out there that work just as well. I will probably start a flame war here but stay away from K&N type filters unless you ride sand. Foam filters filter the fine dust and grit out better...period. Your valves and piston will thank you. The modern four stroke engine does not tolerate dirty air like the older ones did.

Pipe? HMF is a decent pipe that can be had for a great price. Also look at CT, White Bros. and Sparks, for singles. LTE for duals. LTE appears to be the best pipe system for power going right now. DMC just came out with a nice dual pipe system but we are all waiting on the data to see if it competes with LTE.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Air-warrior04 said:
Hello... i am a new owner of a 700 se and i am wondering what top 3 mods i should do first?
This is the order I'm going.. :thumbsup:

1) Skid plates..To protech your investment..
2) Suspension upgrade..A good suspension will allow you to ride faster..How fast can you go with the stock setup ??
3) Motor or performance upgrade..(pipe, filter, and controller)..

I'm doing the motor last because what good is all the power in the world if your suspension is holding you back ??

8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
JZRaptor700R said:
Not meaning to jack the thread but I was just wondering, whats your new setup making to the rear wheel Randy?

My new build should be complete by MLK weekend and delivered to me in Dumont,if everything goes as planned and the crank and rod show up in time.When I get a dyno sheet from Kenz I'll share the info with you guys.

·
Registered
287 Posts
BJH said:
Intake? Yes absolutely. I use the ProDesign unit and like it. There are others out there that work just as well. I will probably start a flame war here but stay away from K&N type filters unless you ride sand. Foam filters filter the fine dust and grit out better...period. Your valves and piston will thank you. The modern four stroke engine does not tolerate dirty air like the older ones did.
Even with the Outerwears on the K&N style? I've not gotten either one, but was leaning more towards the K&N style with Outerwears.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Depends how dusty your riding conditions are. If you ride in a group there's a lot of dust, go with the foam, except in sand. Definitely use the outerwears with the K&N if you go that way. As far as the suspension, the rear has potential to work well (proper set-up) but you'll really feel a difference with new front boingers!

·
Registered
793 Posts
type36 said:
I'm doing the motor last because what good is all the power in the world if your suspension is holding you back ??
Best advice I have seen. These bikes have tons of power stock, better suspension will help you use that power more efficiently.
Probably not a good question but how can the stock suspension hold you back if you have a lot of mods? I though shocks are to protect and has no affect on gaining or losing power.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hes saying the suspension on the raptors is not the best, its already got good power so put the mods in the suspension first. Theres plenty of power to jump high and far already, you just dont have the suspension for it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Hes saying the suspension on the raptors is not the best, its already got good power so put the mods in the suspension first. Theres plenty of power to jump high and far already, you just dont have the suspension for it.
oooooohh haha I feel like an idiot. So that wouldnt apply to me anyways because I dont jump high or far at all. Just a lil.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Skids if you value your investment.
Seriously!! I ruined my rear sprocket, sprocket hub, rear disc and my rear brake hub like the second time I took my 700 out because of a rock. Needless to say I have full skids now and feel much better. 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts