Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only slightly familiar with this 2001 660 R. I had help with someone working on it trying to get it ready to ride. There are these two extra bolts that I cannot identify what they are for and the person that help me worked on it does not remember what they are for either. Also I do not see any empty holes. Can someone help please identify with these two bolts right before. They look like they are for something that needs to fit loosely pivot etc. but tight and at the same time.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Fender mounts.
The shoulders on the bolts fit into the through holes in the plastic for a tighter fit.
Exactly which ones, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be concerned about it either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fender mounts.
The shoulders on the bolts fit into the through holes in the plastic for a tighter fit.
Exactly which ones, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be concerned about it either.
Thank you Sixpack. I’ll take another look later today. I hope to find open bolt holes. The plastics are already on. Could these be under the plastics somewhere?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm not sure exactly where they go.
They may go under the rear fenders on the sides of the undertail(a common breaking point), or near the battery or airbox holding the rear fenders down on the subframe, or attaching the airbox to the subframe.
There is only 1 shoulder bolt like those on the front fenders, and it is front, bottom, center of the nose, under the hood.
Otherwise, those are not front fender bolts, unless they are also headlight mounting bolts, and they are not gas tank bolts.
They could possibly be chasis skidplate or swingarm skidplate bolts for the stock plastic guards, but it's been many years since I've seen those stock bolts, so I'm not sure.

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
I was going to say headlight mount... but don't they have built in flat washers?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I was going to say headlight mount... but don't they have built in flat washers?
I was thinking headlights at the end there too, the ones that go into the side of the frame at the top.
I put leds in my friend's 660 I was working on a couple months ago, and I don't remember the mounting bolts having washers, just shoulders(had to remove right headlight to straighten the upper bracket).

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,695 Posts
What about the battery strap?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What about the battery strap?
I don't know, I just put a battery in that 660 too, but I don't think it had one...but, with the seat and both cables to keep if from flying out...lmao!

I have to go see him anyway, probably today too, so I'll look his 660 over again.
My money is on fenders or headlights.

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
My strap has been gone forever... but, if I recall correctly, it was metal so I don't think it would need a shoulder bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts