Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching Pro Taper Contours and Tag T2 taper bars. What bend do you think will best emulate stock feel with the taller bar adapter that is needed for the thicker bars? Are these bars similar as far as Vibration Damping?
Sorry for all the questions, but I figure that you guys know best.

Roc

·
Registered
988 Posts
I run Tag 2 CR High bend, Over stock they sit alittle lower but comfortable for me and i guess they help with vibration dampening to an extent, now i have a +1 antivibe Fuel ATV Stem coming so ill give ya report back on that then

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RaptorRacer45 said:
I run Tag 2 CR High bend, Over stock they sit alittle lower but comfortable for me and i guess they help with vibration dampening to an extent, now i have a +1 antivibe Fuel ATV Stem coming so ill give ya report back on that then
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that I am leaning towards the Contours. I think the trail tech is cool looking, but not really sure I need it at this point. Maybe down the road.

G

·
I got my pro tapers on and they dont hit anything, there more sturdy than the oem. Its a good upgrade from stock but bigger bars would have nicer with a new stem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm running Contours in CR High with Houser stem/clamp, so far so good no rubbing or issues..My dealer said the stem I got from them was a +2, it measured +3/4 over stock..... :confused: Good thing the dealer knows WTF they are talking about.. :crazy:

Actually I got a good deal because some spank ordered it special then bailed on the deal, so I got it just over cost.. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up going with the Trail Tech X bars, and the Raptor mount! I figured I might as well step up and get it since I am sure I will eventually get a Vapor. They should be here in 4 days or so.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
roc64 said:
I ended up going with the Trail Tech X bars, and the Raptor mount! I figured I might as well step up and get it since I am sure I will eventually get a Vapor. They should be here in 4 days or so.
cool..... 8)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW! day and a half anf Rocky Mountain had my Bars and Mount on my porch! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
roc64 said:
Same here, I got the black mid bend. I haven't put them on yet, but they look cool :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts