Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a raptor 660 and had alot of metal shavings, so im assuming i gotta rebuild it and i might as well big bore it since im already there. I know wiseco pistons are good but the kits i see, have “hot rods” cranks and two ppl told me they suck for raptors. So idk what to look at. I dont wanna spend more than $900 or $1000 for the head kit and bottom end kit

·
Registered
Purple 2003 Raptor 660, White 2001 Raptor 660, Arctic Camo 2008 Raptor 250.
98 Posts
I have the hot rods crank in my 660, no complaints. I bought a wrench rabbit kit for my bike; it was like 850 bucks during the peak of covid. Be sure to check the transmission for wear from the metal shavings as well, and it would suck if you go through all that and have a bad trans.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is my opinion that the aftermarket rebuild kits are all good enough to use but I don’t like most of the cheap Chinese gaskets. I am not opposed to using a Chinese top end but I will buy better gaskets to use with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,081 Posts
Just think how expensive it would be after putting in a cheap part and it fails causing you to work on it again dealing with more items that failed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
deleted, wrong thread

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Check this site out. Sells quality kit. Uses cylinder with steel sleeves , no coating and ring seat better. Need head porting to realize the gains from big bore.

·
Super Moderator
9,081 Posts
That is who did the dyno on my bikes, he is a pretty cool cat.

·
Super Moderator
9,081 Posts
Terry Geisick, owner of Geisick Performance, Wiggins Colorado.

Reactions: Crazyraptor

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the hot rods crank in my 660, no complaints. I bought a wrench rabbit kit for my bike; it was like 850 bucks during the peak of covid. Be sure to check the transmission for wear from the metal shavings as well, and it would suck if you go through all that and have a bad trans. How much time u been running that rabbit kit for? I see one for $325 full rebuild kit on motosport.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts