Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the trinity stage 3 (full exhaust,K&n,efi controller) What are some of you running for a cam/high comp piston combo?
I've only looked at the trinity site, am I going to be safe going with a standard high comp piston and stage 2 cam?

Thank you, Kevin

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
That's sounds like a good idea, not a whole lot of work in it besides a piston change and simple cam swap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would a stage 2 hot cam and a 11:1 piston be a good combo with what I currently have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we do a lot of short steep hill climbs here, the +6 is the way to go

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im just looking for a good all around HP and TRQ gain

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hc3 ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
HC3 with a CP 11.5:1 piston, Cant beat it for the money...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what will the hc3 give me that the hc2 wont? Will the hc3 require additional work, such as porting,valve springs or a better programmer?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It gives you more over-rev. If it gives more top-end the gain is negligible. The Hc2 is the better all around but there are guys that run the 3 and swear by it, so its just your call man.

·
Registered
415 Posts
here is the dyno that makes them think its better.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...cks/001-40.jpg

what i see is the hc2 has more power through out more of the power curve except the last 1000 rpm. sooooo this may help your decision. and its less than a 2 hp difference at peak power and the torque curve is also stronger on the hc2. but i don't personally ride a dyno. and unless they came up with a vertical one, you don't either. :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
oh and the 11.5:1 tech piston is the best pumpgas piston you can buy. plus with the bigger valve reliefs, you can upgrade to a +1 or 2 head down the road and be ok.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im going to go with the HC2 and the 11.5:1 tech piston. Now what is the best place to buy?

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
send me a pm with details on the cam

·
Registered
415 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts