Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i ride for more than 2 hours every joint in my hands ACHE!!!!! its like they stop working and wont move. does this happen to any of you? what can i do to make this not happen? i tried buying gloves that fit tighter and that didnt do anything. in hurts to type this please help. my hands thank you in advance

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Best thing you could do is find the fountain of youth LOL But since we know that aint going to happen then find yourself some nice grips like the odi's, flex bars, antivibe clamps. Anything you can to take the vibration out. And focus on not gripping the bars so hard. Mine do the same thing and the best thing I have done is release my grip a bit when riding.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Id also recommend some soft grips like ones from Oury, and an antivibe stem or bar clamps.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! i do grip the bars really hard. death grip :lol: i guess i better start saving money for a antivibe stem and bar clamp along with some flexx or fourplay bars. this bike is gonna make me bankrupt. so while on topic what length stem should i get? should i get any rise on the bar clamps? what degree of bend should i get on the bars? i ride mostly trails with some mx. im a short guy, around 5'4". gotta stop typing now, the pain haha

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Excersize your hands. I know it sounds dumb, but seriously - using some of those grip things that work out your hand/forearm can make a world of difference.

Obviously anti-vibe stuff, but most of that isn't cheap.

A cheap fix you might look into on top of some better grips themselves - some people put that expanding foam (from a can) into their bars (hollow) to reduce vibe.

Past that man, RELAX. Bet you've got a deathgrip on those bars. I catch myself doing the same thing all the time and after 3 days of riding it can be a beotch ! Relax your grip a bit, white knuckles are only for WOT and 4th gear turns :lol:

·
Master of the Electron
15,031 Posts
Soft bar grips, anti-vibe steering stem and lose the 'death grip'.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Take a break before the two hour limit..............

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have your blood glucose level checked. Could be a circulation problem.

·
Registered
435 Posts
what i do is use a tennis ball and i move it around in my hand.Also you could try one of those "thumb things" i used one for snowmobiling and it seemed to work,its like a strap that goes around your hand and thumb

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will def do the hand the excersizes like sledneck and seg mentioned. i hate going to the dr unless i feel like im dying, but i suppose if it helps it would be worth a shot... but this unfortunate pain in my knuckles and joints gives me another reason to buy more parts!!!!!!!! :woot::wootwoot::pimp::grin_nod:

·
Raptor Rider 4 Life
238 Posts
i feel your pain man i do the same thing i actually broke my pinky finger last summer gripping the bars too tight!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Run around like an idiot n punch shit so ur hands and knuckles go numb n then you wont feeling anything problem fixd lol but noooo i have the same problem as u i went and bought asv levers and oury grips n it makes a world of a differance

·
Registered
435 Posts
Or you could punch the clown,choke the chicken...etc lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Although I've never used one, I've heard steering stabilizers cut down on rider fatigue. This could help.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i monkey grip the hell out of mine in the rough whoops, i've learned to loosen my grip and let the bike do the movement and just stand there there "on top of the bike" while it does its thing it helps a lot

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
c'mon guys lets not beat around the bush :lol:

thats good advice 686. i try to do that but i feel like im not in control and afraid the bars are gonna be ripped out of my hands through the rough stuff. think im gonna invest in some fourplay bars. will i have to buy an after market stem or bar clamp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts