Raptor Forum banner

6281 - 6300 of 6405 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Clutch

I spent at least 2 hours trying to remove the clutch cover gasket material from my bike. What a special day. Now I am on the couch with a back ache.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Played around with a few parts here and there and debated on how much longer it’s going to take me to finally finish this lil monster.

Attachments

Reactions: Alamo and ian77

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cycra T2 handguard clamps actually fit the ProTaper Evo. Crazy how hard it was to find clamps that fit those bars. Just realized I didn’t take a picture of the clamp, but the hand guards. Whoops.

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,181 Posts
Played around with a few parts here and there and debated on how much longer it’s going to take me to finally finish this lil monster.

I was looking at some old posts and saw your picture and I noticed your braking may be one sided, and pull to the left. It may not make a difference in handling but your hoses are in front where they could be damaged by rocks or brush.

I may be wrong as I've been wrong before, once!

EDITED!!

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was looking at some old posts and saw your picture and I noticed your braking may be one sided, and pull to the left. And, I don't have a Raptor to look at, but I believe you spindles are on the wrong side. I think the calipers should mount on the backside instead of in front. It may not make a difference in handling but it puts your calipers and hoses in front where they could be damaged by rocks or brush.

Lol. Ya, shes gonna pull left pretty hard when using front brake!

I just checked my calipers, they are on the front side of the rotor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,181 Posts

I was looking at some old posts and saw your picture and I noticed your braking may be one sided, and pull to the left. And, I don't have a Raptor to look at, but I believe you spindles are on the wrong side. I think the calipers should mount on the backside instead of in front. It may not make a difference in handling but it puts your calipers and hoses in front where they could be damaged by rocks or brush.

Lol. Ya, shes gonna pull left pretty hard when using front brake!

I just checked my calipers, they are on the front side of the rotor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'll eat crow on this, the calipers do mount to the front.

But it will still pull left, lol.

You may want to rotate your brake hoses down backwards or if you have slack move then to the rear of the a-arm.

Reactions: PHX RAPTOR

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
EC71B639-7C88-474C-A43E-EA2E4AA3364F.jpeg

Pulled the motor out of my 734. Went from a running bike to engine torn down on the bench in roughly 2 hours.

Reactions: PHX RAPTOR

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
Wow.... I would rather do axle bearings. But I have never tore down a motor to the extent you went through, I would imaging doing it a few times makes it easier.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Shoot I didn’t think about brush or other stuff hitting it I’m going to move it to the rear a-arm. When I took that pic I was just bolting everything up to see how the new brake lines were going to work. I’ve since took them off adjusted them and bled the brake system now. Works perfect but I need to move the cable brackets to the back that’s a safer bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Wow.... I would rather do axle bearings. But I have never tore down a motor to the extent you went through, I would imaging doing it a few times makes it easier.
This is the first dune/trail bike I’ve done in awhile. I’ve done several drag bikes though. There’s quite a bit more to do here than I’m used to.
Good news is that other than the standard stuff to replace on rebuild (bearings, keys, lock tabs, oil pump) only things needing replaced are clutch inner hub, 2nd gear, shift fork, shift star. The trans stuff was actually fine, but im sending it all off for cryo treatment and micro polishing before going to a bigger engine, so I wanted it perfect.

·
Registered
775 Posts
T web I can see you’ve done this before...2 hours is quick. I’m thinking about doing a cam, high comp piston and maybe a throttle body this winter for my ‘09. Anything you would recommend? It’s solely a trail bike.
Btw, with this new forum I can see everyone’s signatures now too. Damn some serious bikes in your line up there, I like it.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
T web I can see you’ve done this before...2 hours is quick. I’m thinking about doing a cam, high comp piston and maybe a throttle body this winter for my ‘09. Anything you would recommend? It’s solely a trail bike.
Btw, with this new forum I can see everyone’s signatures now too. Damn some serious bikes in your line up there, I like it.
To be fair, I only pulled bike apart and took the motor out. I then drove across town to dl700s house and he tore it down in about a half hour.
I would do a +3mm bored throttle body, 14:1 piston, and a hotcam 3. The throttle body and cam will gain you alot of top end, and the piston will help with the mid to low. Might need to mess with gearing to accommodate the new power delivery.
I actually need to edit my signature, we don’t have the 450 anymore. Recently sold it and bought another raptor.

·
Registered
775 Posts
To be fair, I only pulled bike apart and took the motor out. I then drove across town to dl700s house and he tore it down in about a half hour.
I would do a +3mm bored throttle body, 14:1 piston, and a hotcam 3. The throttle body and cam will gain you alot of top end, and the piston will help with the mid to low. Might need to mess with gearing to accommodate the new power delivery.
I actually need to edit my signature, we don’t have the 450 anymore. Recently sold it and bought another raptor.
Savage thanks. Wow a whole family of raptors. My partner will drive my rzr when we go out, but she got on my Raptor recently and said she was done ripping the turbo, damn things aren’t cheap out here in Cali anyways. Garage getting small these days with all the toys.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Oh shit 14:1 that’s pretty high I want to stick with pump gas ideally and keep reliability.

6281 - 6300 of 6405 Posts