Raptor Forum banner

6321 - 6340 of 6357 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
That’s why you jump on a 20% off deal, lol. I do like it wayyy better than my wife’s bike, which is stock.
It would have to be 50% off for me to joke about getting one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently got a brand new 2020 Raptor 700r SE. I am pretty new to quads and motorcycles. The other day I went trail riding for about 4 hours and when I got the bike home it was all fine but the next morning the gas tank was all caved in. Does anyone know why it happened and how I can get it to pop up back to normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
The gas tank vent tube got pinched or closed off. With no venting, the pump sucked in the tank. You can blow through the vent tube and expand the tank back to natural form.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The gas tank vent tube got pinched or closed off. With no venting, the pump sucked in the tank. You can blow through the vent tube and expand the tank back to natural form.
I tried that and it only popped back up a little but not back to its full size. I’m thinking of pulling the gas pump so I can fit my hand in there to pop it back into place. What do you think?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like your tank got vacuum locked. Check the cap to see if air flows freely in and out. It should, unless there is fluid in it in which case the float will close the valve. This is to prevent gas spilling out when you inevitably roll it over.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I didn’t see those other posts sorry. Yeah you can pull the pump, but before you get too crazy you should figure out why your cap vent malfunctioned, and then leave the cap off/cracked for a few days to see if it pops back out. Try to be patient, it may save you some trouble and time.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Maybe park it in the sun for a bit while full, always seems to expand my 5 gallon tanks all the time if I leave them in the sun.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looking over urmosi’s site looks like if I want black it’s gonna have to be the more expensive version ?‍♂
I have the black one and it’s dope. I don’t think I have ever looked back and wished I still had the 300 bucks I spent on it. So I guess that says something. Maybe I’m just making up excuses lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn’t see those other posts sorry. Yeah you can pull the pump, but before you get too crazy you should figure out why your cap vent malfunctioned, and then leave the cap off/cracked for a few days to see if it pops back out. Try to be patient, it may save you some trouble and time.
I already checked the cap and hose and they are good. I blew thru the hose to see if air would go thru it and it did. I’ve seen some posts where people have a small hose on the cap, is that better than the factory long hose? Or what gas caps do you recommend? Im fairly knew to quads and motorcycles

·
Registered
323 Posts
I fixed a collapsed tank before by using low air pressure from an air compressor. The root cause was a pinched tube on the gas cap. Having the tank warmed up some will help, I never removed the tank or pump on the one I repaired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fixed a collapsed tank before by using low air pressure from an air compressor. The root cause was a pinched tube on the gas cap. Having the tank warmed up some will help, I never removed the tank or pump on the one I repaired.
How did you apply the pressure? Did you put on the cap and tube and apply the pressure thru there?

·
Registered
406 Posts
A 2020?
Is it not still under warranty?
Don't most dealers and Yamaha give a 6 month minimum warranty on atv's? I know some offer longer.
If you don't know much about them, gasoline, and under pressure isn't a good way to learn...

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
There was another member in here that had a new model with a long warranty, so check into that for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
Not super big with the Facebook thing either , definitely be checking out their stuff online though

What did that run you custom tweb?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a pointed rubber tip nozzle for my air compressor hose. I put the tip in the fuel cap vent and applied very low pressure. I have an adjustable regulator only compressor. It is very easy to fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a pointed rubber tip nozzle for my air compressor hose. I put the tip in the fuel cap vent and applied very low pressure. I have an adjustable regulator only compressor. It is very easy to fix.
Damn sadly I don’t have a compressor on hand. I took out the fuel pump to get my hand in there to try and pop the dent out but that thing is really hard to pry up and I didn’t want to use any tools in fear of damaging it. I’m hoping that it’s covered under warranty. I’m going to take it in on the weekend to find out

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just changed my handlebars to the ProTaper SE and when I was trying to put back together the clutch clamps I accidentally overtightened a bolt and stretched it. Does anyone know what size bolts go on the clamps for the clutch?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
I just changed my handlebars to the ProTaper SE and when I was trying to put back together the clutch clamps I accidentally overtightened a bolt and stretched it. Does anyone know what size bolts go on the clamps for the clutch?
Is that on a Raptor 90? I think it might be 6mm.

6321 - 6340 of 6357 Posts