Raptor Forum banner

6461 - 6480 of 6502 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
I will be sending it to Fastway to rebuild it for me. I notice it is leaking a little, very little. But for $75 they go over it completely and send the necessary hardware as well.
So, you're $200 CCP stabilizer leaked and you fixed it yourself with a few "O" rings. Now your $600 fastway stabilizer leaks and it costs $75 for repairs.
LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
So, you're $200 CCP stabilizer leaked and you fixed it yourself with a few "O" rings. Now your $600 fastway stabilizer leaks and it costs $75 for repairs.
LOL
Difference is, I can continue to use this unit. Not even sure if it’s actually a leak, I think it’s just the grease at a pivot point that collected dust. That CCP was a totally blown out o-ring protruding from the unit itself spewing its juices, rendering it useless. Then zero CS from the EBay manufacturer and having to research how to do it correctly. That whole ordeal just left a bad taste with me, but ya I get your point. LOL indeed....

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Officially broke it in, lol.
4th attempt at only hill in the park I could not get up(f'n sidexside ruts were too deep at the top).
I purposely spun it sideways to cross the ruts and kick it back left.
I had to step of the back as it jumped out of the ruts.
I was holding it upright fine, then I slipped in the mud and over we went, lol.
The only damage is the handlebars are a bent on one side.
No matter, as I am ordering a new set today anyway. I need hollow end bars to mount my handguards.
After drilling over an inch into the stock bar ends, I gave up(was gonna tap holes), the ends are filled with weld for weight/vibration.
I also could not get the grip off, best glue I've seen used.
So, i subconciously decided to trash them, lol.
20201003_220220.jpg

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
4th attempt at only hill in the park I could not get up(f'n sidexside ruts were too deep at the top).
No matter, as I am ordering a new set today anyway. I need hollow end bars to mount my handguards.
After drilling over an inch into the stock bar ends, I gave up(was gonna tap holes), the ends are filled with weld for weight/vibration.
So, i subconciously decided to trash them, lol. View attachment 139572
Daaannnggggggiiiiiiiittttttttt. Glad your ok

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
163 Posts
This makes me smile 😂 all is part of enjoying it lol

·
11,688 Posts
I
Good job, you know that builds character.
Use Honda grip glue, it doesn't come loose, unless you soften it with brake cleaner.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
11,688 Posts
Got to Coos Bay dunes yesterday, early for UTV TAKEOVER. Sunny and warm. Will try to get some pictures later.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Daaannnggggggiiiiiiiittttttttt. Glad your ok

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, and Ida made it too, had I not been there for 3 hours already, and conquered everything else, and worn out...so goes my excuse.
ultimately, tired, slipped, muddy, whatever...I simply ran outta skill, but, that always comes with a free show!
lmao!

·
11,688 Posts
This makes me smile 😂 all is part of enjoying it lol
3 decades+ of cool crashes have helped make me the man that I am today, lmao!
You've all seen the video of my last big crash, and I'm quite a character, lol. 5 1/2 decades of building character before I got a cage.
Getting killed is easy, staying alive is work. Or is it surviving is work?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You East coast guys should move west. There are over 4,000 miles of Forest service roads in the Umpqua National Forest alone, all free. Heck we ride over 100 miles in a day and never ride the some place twice and most of the time never see another person. When I saw the 25+ miles of trail made me realize how lucky I am.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You've all seen the video of my last big crash, and I'm quite a character, lol. 5 1/2 decades of building character before I got a cage.
Getting killed is easy, staying alive is work. Or is it surviving is work?
I have not seen said video
please share
lol

·
11,688 Posts
You East coast guys should move west. There are over 4,000 miles of Forest service roads in the Umpqua National Forest alone, all free. Heck we ride over 100 miles in a day and never ride the some place twice and most of the time never see another person. When I saw the 25+ miles of trail made me realize how lucky I am.
NO, don't move here. It rains every day, we never see the sun. We have webbed feet and walk like ducks.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I've traveled quite a bit, been to 40 states, and love All the different deserts out west.
But, I still love Va the best. It's home, and we have everything except deserts here, and some really great riding.

6461 - 6480 of 6502 Posts