Raptor Forum banner

6481 - 6500 of 6502 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Just finished up a few things on my girlfriends dune bike. High compression diamond piston stock bore, arp studs, hotcam 3, +3 throttle body. Going to run vp c85. Going on the dyno today.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
What compression did you go with? A bigger injector too? Do you do all the wrenching, or does J.C. help?
Not 100% sure on compression, it’s a new revision of Cuervos line of Diamond pistons, think it’s around 13.75:1. I have a 600 injector that we’re going to try, hope it’s big enough. I do the work, she makes it look good.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tried chasing down a cooling fan problem. Long story short, didnt figure it out, got cranky about it, now my fan is on a toggle switch. F you electricity

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
installed my skid plate finally. Took me a while to find a PRM SKID PLATE. Had to take of the chain guard insert so I could get it powder coated. Riveted it back on and on she is. View attachment 139866
Do you have any pictures from the back?
That looks like there is very little clearance between the sprocket and skid plate, which is what I'm looking for.
The gytr swingarm skidplate sucks, it hangs alot lower than it needs to, and hangs up everywhere, I hate it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you have any pictures from the back?
That looks like there is very little clearance between the sprocket and skid plate, which is what I'm looking for.
The gytr swingarm skidplate sucks, it hangs alot lower than it needs to, and hangs up everywhere, I hate it.
Ken at KB Motorsports has a really nice one that I was going to get, but when I showed him this find in the internet he said hands down get the PRM. So I don’t think you’re going to find another, I can’t believe I found this one, but the one he has is pretty sick to. High quality.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ken at KB Motorsports has a really nice one that I was going to get, but when I showed him this find in the internet he said hands down get the PRM. So I don’t think you’re going to find another, I can’t believe I found this one, but the one he has is pretty sick to. High quality. View attachment 139868
I don’t know if that pic helps, but I know there is very little room. It fits perfect

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yeah man, that picture is great.
If the KB motorsport fits that close I'll buy one of those.
I Need something else, and should've returned this pos gytr.
Thank you!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah man, that picture is great.
If the KB motorsport fits that close I'll buy one of those.
I Need something else, and should've returned this pos gytr.
Thank you!
Anytime. Yeah I don’t know if he still has the one I’m speaking of, but I ok with trusting what he has to say and he said it was the next best thing to the PRM. Here a picture of it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Anytime. Yeah I don’t know if he still has the one I’m speaking of, but I ok with trusting what he has to say and he said it was the next best thing to the PRM. Here a picture of it. View attachment 139869
Ok, the full DG then...now if I can just find a picture of that showing the sprocket clearance, and if it's tight like the PRM, then it's what I need.
I've seen a couple like what you have over the years, but it's near impossible to find pictures showing clearance before I order one.
Thank you again, you have been a Great help!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok, the full DG then...now if I can just find a picture of that showing the sprocket clearance, and if it's tight like the PRM, then it's what I need.
I've seen a couple like what you have over the years, but it's near impossible to find pictures showing clearance before I order one.
Thank you again, you have been a Great help!
Just for reference

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Removed all the skin....

Took all the fenders off, cleaned the outer wears on the FCI. It’s time for the yearly teardown and cleaning. Nothing as far as motor work, just a good cleaning and routing of wires. Will be replacing my broken fender stay and getting all the grime off it over the winter months. The black hoses are disgusting with grime.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
Removed all the skin....

Took all the fenders off, cleaned the outer wears on the FCI. It’s time for the yearly teardown and cleaning. Nothing as far as motor work, just a good cleaning and routing of wires. Will be replacing my broken fender stay and getting all the grime off it over the winter months. The black hoses are disgusting with grime.
Rear fender stays? I think I have some.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Rear fender stays? I think I have some.
Not the rear, the front one you sent me a couple months ago. Now is the time to replace that one.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Took care of the fender stay tonight, adjusted the lights on them. Still need to look into bracing a little better to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Removed the chain, have it set aside for a good dose of kerosene upcoming. Removed A-arm guards to get to the grime in there. Tomorrow will Be the rest of the skid guards and probable the exhaust, that will gain more access to cleaning. More than likely I will send the shocks back to Jogaca for freshening up, been a couple seasons on them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello guys, I had made some work on my bike, Bored TB, trimmed the rubber of the TB and going to install FCI... huge difference in diameter im very exited to try it how it performs but I have 1 question: The intake tube I got have only 1 port to connect the hoose of the TB and the crankcase vent hoose (AIS deleted already), can I use a splitter fitting to connect both hoose (TB and crankcase) to the same port in the intake tube? Thank you!

20201120_131250.jpg
20201120_121332.jpg
20201120_131004.jpg
🚀

6481 - 6500 of 6502 Posts