Raptor Forum banner

6501 - 6520 of 6560 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Hello guys, I had made some work on my bike, Bored TB, trimmed the rubber of the TB and going to install FCI... huge difference in diameter im very exited to try it how it performs but I have 1 question: The intake tube I got have only 1 port to connect the hoose of the TB and the crankcase vent hoose (AIS deleted already), can I use a splitter fitting to connect both hoose (TB and crankcase) to the same port in the intake tube? Thank you!

View attachment 139894 View attachment 139895 View attachment 139896 🚀
Yes.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
I keep digging as I clean. Shocks are off, going to send over to Kevin. I have 6 months before I ride again, so plenty of time to do the proper cleaning but man, my grease has really collected lol.
1127201637.jpg
1127201642.jpg
1127201637a.jpg
1127201637_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Well, it gets cleaner as I go. Using toothbrush to get what has not been cleaned well in the past 12 years of my ownership. Cleaning those radiator hoses just isn’t going to happen, that is crusted on dirt, lol. Thought about buying new ones, but I live off the theory “If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”. And who am I kidding anyway, it’s a 14 yr old machine that’s ridden to show the trailer princesses what happens when you have hp!
But...
I have 5-6 months before I ride it again. That’s a lot of beer and scrubbing. It will still look mucho better in the end than what it does now.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,748 Posts
Cool
I just noticed the tuning fork logo cam cover
Where did you get that?
IIRC we had a group buy on them. And, didn't we pitch in, and give one to a forum member for Christmas, a few years ago?

Reactions: morphrider

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Yes it was a group buy. I could probably hunt up the thread and he could possibly make more. It is a very cool add on for sure. I sent it over to Jogaca to have his guy powder coat it the same as the shocks. We did send one over as a Xmas gift to a very friendly up and coming young man. Andon Jones...
1204201915.jpg
1204201915a.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Or maybe it was a graduation gift. I can’t remember who it was from, Mike something or other...

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
11,748 Posts
Or maybe it was a graduation gift. I can’t remember who it was from, Mike something or other...
Yep, it was a graduation gift 5 or 6 of us pitched in for Andon. IDR where we got it from.
It was a air cleaner and Outerwears I sent him for Christmas.

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I think this aluminum 55mm diameter sticker is as close as I can come, $22.73 shipped.
Unless a new or used cover turns up for sale anywhere.

Screenshot_20201207-111921_eBay.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Thats only 2", pretty small chingadera there.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thats only 2", pretty small chingadera there.
Yeah, but the almost flat circle area in the center of the stock cam cover measures around 70mm, and 55mm was the largest aluminum sticker like that I could find, so it'll be close.

But, if you don't like my sticker, that's ok.
Just tell me how much you want for your cam cover, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts

Mike has not been on here for a couple years, but...send a pm over to him (lms1977) and see if it pings his email. He made a few of them for a couple guys in here and I think they were like $120. The link above was his personal bike.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Mike has not been on here for a couple years, but...send a pm over to him (lms1977) and see if it pings his email. He made a few of them for a couple guys in here and I think they were like $120. The link above was his personal bike.
I actually found this thread earlier, when searching to try and buy one.
But, I did just send him a pm, it's a longshot, but nothing to lose.
Thanks for the info.
I'm not much for bling, but I really like those.
Doesn't Dez have 5 of them somewhere??

·
11,748 Posts
Doesn't Dez have 5 of them somewhere??
No, I only bought one, and I took it off and sold it separate to a friend, then sold my bike.

I have a spare cover if you want to machine a flat spot to fit the emblem you found.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
No, I only bought one, and I took it off and sold it separate to a friend, then sold my bike.

I have a spare cover if you want to machine a flat spot to fit the emblem you found.
Thanks, but let me see how the sticker wants to fit when I get it.

Do you know if your friend would still happen to have that cover, or possibly want to sell it, would you?

·
11,748 Posts
Do you know if your friend would still happen to have that cover, or possibly want to sell it, would you?
IDK if he still has it, but I doubt he would sell. He's about 300 miles away and I see him a few times a year.

You can find the guy that made them on facebook. His name is Mike Luzader.

6501 - 6520 of 6560 Posts