Raptor Forum banner

6541 - 6560 of 6560 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I sanded and painted my foot guard mounting brackets satin black. I didn't like how the silver finish made them stand out. I'm sure the rocks and mud will beat up the paint, but I can always just redo it. View attachment 140311
I like it bro looks good! Mine were getting. Pretty beat up too, went with Truck bedliner, not that satin look but is holding up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello guys, I just want to tell you I replaced the bearing, the seals and also the upper steering steam bushing and o-rings. I re-tight to factory torque spects my precision elite stabilizer and man, it made a really big difference!! I cant stress enough how much steering hits and moves I had on my handle bar EVEN with the precision elite stabilizer (set pretty hard also) when the bearing was bad. Now the stabilizer make a great job, the ridding experience changed about 100%.

In case any of you are wondering it its a hard job to replace thoose things, I can said it is not if you have the right tools. I dont have impact driver so a long force handle to loosen the nuts worked for me. The images have the part numbers so It will be easy and precise order for anybody. In case you dont already know, a great tip is: To take out the big retairer nut for the bearing I just put 2 whashers inside the nut and then I put a 30mm nut upon it, so I can fit a 30mm socket to make it loose and out. Not special and expensive tools needed at all!

In case you have a similar problem in the bearings or seals, and you are hesitating to do the job, just do it! You will enjoy it and see that it was worth every minute invested in the work.
Hope this helps someone, regards!

Attachments

Reactions: Zipp 404

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hello guys, I just want to tell you I replaced the bearing, the seals and also the upper steering steam bushing and o-rings. I re-tight to factory torque spects my precision elite stabilizer and man, it made a really big difference!! I cant stress enough how much steering hits and moves I had on my handle bar EVEN with the precision elite stabilizer (set pretty hard also) when the bearing was bad. Now the stabilizer make a great job, the ridding experience changed about 100%.

In case any of you are wondering it its a hard job to replace thoose things, I can said it is not if you have the right tools. I dont have impact driver so a long force handle to loosen the nuts worked for me. The images have the part numbers so It will be easy and precise order for anybody. In case you dont already know, a great tip is: To take out the big retairer nut for the bearing I just put 2 whashers inside the nut and then I put a 30mm nut upon it, so I can fit a 30mm socket to make it loose and out. Not special and expensive tools needed at all!

In case you have a similar problem in the bearings or seals, and you are hesitating to do the job, just do it! You will enjoy it and see that it was worth every minute invested in the work.
Hope this helps someone, regards!
Right on man good job, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Well, just stared at it today with some good beers. I did get the early on stat for the fan, which is why I was staring at it, lol. I have a few months before I ride yet, so eventually....

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Got the drag bikes all ready for the West Coast Nationals PSDA race at Dome Valley Raceway AZ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spent hours on the forum in what started as a price check for selling mine with/without mods but then got sucked into a bunch of sweet build threads and cool af machines. Not helping lol.

Otherwise its negative double digits and my garage isn't heated...ain't crap happening to the Derptor until the sun starts helping me out.

Otherwise I have a new rear grab bar to put on that looks to be much better than my last one (which bent just trying to lift the machine)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Got into my rear caliper found some dirt in it so ordering a rebuild, pads are destroyed on order too, the caliper is scratched up but the only part im concerned with is the plate ill attach a picture but I assume it's not supposed to be bent like this right? Haven't noticed before lol, wanna double check before I try some "swing press" techniques...

·
Registered
283 Posts
No just doing the small 3, Monster spark arrestor delete, K&N, programmer. Then some nerf bars, aarm gaurds, shock covers, seat cover, 13 tooth front sprocket, case saver, six pack rack and some univents for the airbox lid. At a mod a day I should be finished just about the time Covid is gone. Was going to put in the controller tonight but nerf bars are sounding easier. WIll post up some pics if I can remember to take the camera out with me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nerf bars installed. Luckily I'd just done these on my 07 and 19 so knew all the extra stuff you need to get them installed right. The batteries were dead in the camera so no pics until tomorrow :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ok so did the aarm guards last night and started the programmer tonight but left the dielectric grease in town so will have to go in tomorrow. Almost just used bearing grease but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I've found that when it gets hot it likes to ooze and I spent too many hours cleaning this thing.

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Installed the early on relay from Cuervo. This was exactly what I needed. I idled and carried higher rpm’s until 205* then the fan kicked on and brought it down to 180* pronto. Before it would kick on around 220*-225* if I recall correctly.

6541 - 6560 of 6560 Posts