Raptor Forum banner
6701 - 6704 of 6704 Posts

· Registered
2,259 Posts
I heated up the ones near the foot pegs for extra insurance, and they came right out. It was so easy I didn’t bother heating the others, the impact zipped them right out. No damage to any of the threads. I’ll be dropping everything off for sandblasting and powder coating on Monday, then I can finally get this thing back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I heated up the ones near the foot pegs for extra insurance, and they came right out. It was so easy I didn’t bother heating the others, the impact zipped them right out. No damage to any of the threads. I’ll be dropping everything off for sandblasting and powder coating on Monday, then I can finally get this thing back together

Glad they didn’t fight you. Sometimes those bolts are a pain, especially after 15 years of corrosion. Don’t forget to chase the threads in after powder.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Does anyone have torque specs on the tamper proof bolts? Also, is it ok to reuse them or are they torque to yield? For some reason Yamaha is very secretive about these 6 bolts

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Road surface Wood Motor vehicle

Got everything back from powder today. Overall I’m happy. They missed the outsides of the front hubs pretty bad, they’re re-doing them for me. The main frame has some very small light spots in little nooks and crannies. I didn’t want to nit-pick. The guy that did everything was Amish, and didn’t charge much. $180 for everything. I’m going to take the main frame to a high dollar powder coating place and see if they can touch it up or re-do it. I’m not after looks so much as I don’t want ANY rust anywhere after I ride and wash it repeatedly

You get what you pay for, this is exactly what I expected to happen. To have the high dollar place do everything would have been over $1,000. The Amish guy did a great job on the little stuff. For how cheap he was, I figured I’d give him a shot at the main frame too. I wasn’t risking too much money if it ended up needing touched up

The Amish guy jammed little rubber cone shaped plugs in all the threaded holes, so I won’t have to tap anything. So that will help things go smoothly

6701 - 6704 of 6704 Posts