Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys im new to this forum but i just wanted to let u guys know whats up an see what u guys thought. i got a 03 raptor 660 fully modied it has JE high compersion piston, JE rod, JE crankshaft, alba 3 angle valves, alba titinum valve springs,powerroll stage 2 cam, head was ported an polished an decked to raise the comperison even more jet kit, big gun over rev box, kn air filter alum air filter box, the whole tranny was replaced with all forged parts the forks gears roll cam everything, 13 an 12(depends on what im doin) front sproket rear sproket, elka shocks front an rear 180 pound rear spring, ac nerf bars moose racing throttle brake levers clutch lever tag handle bars,reverse kit, lazer star light kit,alum oversized oil tank, roll design shifter an brake,yosh full exhaust not no slip on,full ac skid plates, ss brake lines, custom made thicker radiator for the cooling system,an alot more little things to much to list. i also have the je big bore kit the sleeve pistin rings an pin that i still have to put in one day at least im just waiting for this motor to wear done so i get my use out of this piston. i have to run vp fuel only if not on 93 i run like crap. it was clocked at 96mph on half an half 93 an vp so it will go faster it was breaking up in the top end. so i guess let me know what u think if u have any ques just let me know.

for that ass that knows nothing an i wish i could see u so i could smoke ur ass but anyway my brother wrote this post he got it mixed up my big bore kit i have is JE but the piston an cam in my bike is a powroll kit cam #12752 an a hot rod crank kit an rod ok

but to show ur stupid
(FIRST)the rev box did u read how much i have done to my bike its not stupid my bikes not stock i need those extra rpms
(SECOND) an i do have high compersion i need to run a higher octane to stop it from detonating
(THRID)not everyone like duals an let me guess u think ct an sparks is better cause thats what u have
(FOURTH) u where right about je dont make cranks or sleeves

but what was the point of saying i could have done it cheaper or this is better oh thats stupid man screw u thats what i wanted thats how i did it an it will smoke the shit out of ur raptor so stop hating an grow up if u wanna say something answer my ques either u like it or u dont i dont need ur info on what is better

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If i were you i would throw some dual exhausts... You will get more out of your engine work.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome to the site-
*First, I don't think JE makes sleeves, rods or cranks. Sure your not talking about hotrods.
*Secondly, powroll's cam is a webcam.
*Third, the rev box is the best way to blow your motor, its been dyno tested and proves it gains no power. But has been proven to blow rods and gears through the crankcase!
*Fourth, Yoshi's are alright exhausts for a single- CT and sparks big core are the better ones. Want the best go duals.
*Fifth, Your wasting a lot of money on VP race fuel (unless you have a 12:1 or higher comp piston), your motor doesn't need it.
*six, changing the deck height on the motor to gain compression can screw up the timing.
*seven, its a question, what cc is your motor? bore X stroke

I do like the idea you have forged trans parts, cyro-treated parts (if not worn) would have been a cheaper route. Got pics of it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not even goin waste my time ripping on u cause ur stupid but when people that no whats really goin on they will just laugh at u like i did i mean come on je doesnt make pistons r u crazy just go to the web site do some research u might learn a thing or two

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but to ever one else thanks an my next two things r carbs an hiper carbon fiber beadlock wheels there crazy tight but i will post some pics 4sure

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Maybe if your learn to spell and talk right we might listen to you, and what benefits do you think your getting from a rev box, really, the rev limit is 9k on the raptor and ive never hit it and ive had my throttle stick wide open.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey about those carbs u have any ideas on whats the best. An that bike is sick phat man i cant really tell but r those the hiper cf rims

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
esr04djuice said:
for that ass that knows nothing an i wish i could see u so i could smoke ur ass but anyway my brother wrote this post he got it mixed up my big bore kit i have is JE but the piston an cam in my bike is a powroll kit cam #12752 an a hot rod crank kit an rod ok

but to show ur stupid
(FIRST)the rev box did u read how much i have done to my bike its not stupid my bikes not stock i need those extra rpms
(SECOND) an i do have high compersion i need to run a higher octane to stop it from detonating
(THRID)not everyone like duals an let me guess u think ct an sparks is better cause thats what u have
(FOURTH) u where right about je dont make cranks or sleeves

but what was the point of saying i could have done it cheaper or this is better oh thats stupid man screw u thats what i wanted thats how i did it an it will smoke the shit out of ur raptor so stop hating an grow up if u wanna say something answer my ques either u like it or u dont i dont need ur info on what is better
Not a good way to make friends by calling respected members names and declaring them stupid.

FIRST - You're not making enough power at 9k-10k rpms to warrant the rev box. A fast rider knows when to shift, he doesn't wait for the limiter to kick in.
SECOND - Between the decking and the likely 12:1 or so JE you probably need higher octane, just make sure you've got the correct fuel and level. He was just trying to make sure you weren't wasting money, you know, help.
THIRD - You don't have to like duals, the dyno charts will still show they make considerably more power on a built bike regardless of how you feel. There's a handful of guys who think Yoshi is the end-all, be-all single pipe, but again most h2h dyno comparisons show the advantages of the CT and sparks exhausts.
FOURTH - Guess there's nothing to say here. If we were lucky, JE wouldn't have ever made 10.75:1 100-102mm raptor 660 pistons either. ;)

The title of the thread YOU posted was "what do you think", so it goes to reason that you'd want some input on your build. But if you don't see the point of having someone critique your build then why would you ask us to?

RT was offering advice on what could make your bike better, clarifying a few technical items, and explaining that some of what you've already done that could cause problems so you would know to either keep an eye on these components or replace them with better alternatives.

As for you smoking RT, you probably could at this very moment in time... But after the bike actually gets put back together you had better learn to enjoy sand sandwiches. There's a few more bikes that could whoop you like a 400ex on here as well so I wouldn't get too full of yourself. You've got a nice bike and build just keep your head about it.

As for carb options, Dual FCR carbs are the best choice for most builds. If you've got the demand to go with the flow get 39's. Lectrons are best for drag race applications and the edelbrock is for stock bikes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i guess u could look at it that way but i thought he was just hatin but anyway my bad but about the carbs have seen or heard anything about the new efi system that alba is doin for the raptor, an if i go with the carbs instead i should go with a single carb rather then duals

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Alba typically just stamps their name on someone else's work, jacks up the price and sells it as their own. They aren't that big with R&D on the big stuff, I'd be very surprised to find out they were releasing their own EFI for any bike.

The only EFI system on the market is from KMS and I've heard they aren't making it any longer. It's expensive at 1500 dollars even if you can get one.

If you want to know what you should do for carbs, try reading the last paragraph of my post where I already answered your question.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO DEF GO WITH THE DUAL CARBS NOT SINGLE BUT THE EFI IF IT DOES COME OUT IM GOIN GET THAT I RIDE MY BUDDY SUZIKI LTR 450 AN THE EFI SYSTEM IS JUST TO NICE NO JERKS NO BOGE JUST SO PERFECT AN RESPONSIVE.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I agree that the EFI is a great idea but with a custom system like what is needed for the 660 you'd need to do all your own map editing or have it dyno-tuned every time you made a change. The nice thing about the controllers for factory EFI bikes is that you've got others running a similar setup that can share their settings and maps with you or at least point you in the right direction and save you some money and hassle creating your own maps.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
rt said:
Welcome to the site-.
My intentions were not to degrade you or your build at all, like maddog said it was just critique,. Your title as was noted: as well "what do you think", does ask one to state his/her opinion. I may have trouble clarifying or being misunderstood when I say or am trying to say something but, being negative is least what I was trying to express. As you can tell I welcomed you to the site; its highlighted.
With/in these assumptions; that I am wrong, feel free to correct me (if indeed I am wrong), or state your opinion, but please do so morally and with some integrity, these things here are for discussion and debate, not to argue and degrade others. I have been wrong many times and corrected, and thats how I have learned/and continue to do so. I was offering caution on what I saw to/from your build, from what was passed on to me, and what I have experienced. I have no pridefullness in saying sorry if I offended you.
By the way-everyone else calls me @sshole, F$#khead,ect.....I've work very hard to achieve those ranks, don't ruin it by calling me stupid :lol:
RT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it should come with a programmer with all that already done it prob will come with three diffrent setting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats true about alba i got my valve springs from them but when u look at the info on them on the website it says mfg kibble white

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
esr04djuice said:
it should come with a programmer with all that already done it prob will come with three diffrent setting
Pre-programmed settings will not match your build's requirements 9 times out of 10. That's not to say it won't work. If it does, i'll be in the line to get EFI

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
BTW, the Alba EFI is on their R&D 'Wishlist' currently under development at this time. The likelihood of production is pretty high, but availability date is, as of yet, unknown. I live within a couple of miles of Alba, and so spend way more time there than I should... wonder when I'm gonna get my first paycheck, lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts