Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first year of extended riding. Until last year I had just borrowed a buddy's quad but now I have my own.
What things do you take with you on a ride? I'm thinking the following would be prudent: tire flat repair kit, tow strap, extra spark plug, fuel ciphon hose, factory tool kit but am not sure how I'd carry all that without wearing a backpack.
What do you carry and how do you carry it? What do you wish you could carry?

·
Registered
767 Posts
CO2 flat repair kit
Factory Tool Kit
Tow Rope
First Aid Kit
Waterproof Matches
Fuses
Zip Ties
Mechanics wire
Duct Tape
Electrical Tape
Trail Marking Ribbon
Compass/mirror
Flashlight
Heat Pads and survival Blanket (winter)
Spare Spark Plug
Pen/Paper
Multi Tool
Couple energy bars
Water treatment kit
Folding buck saw
Bag of various length M6 bolts
and probably a bunch of misc stuff that I've forgot about.

Seems like alot until you spend a night or two in the mountains.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Since I'm sure the next question will be, "where the hell do you put all that junk? "

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me. Getting lost -er, having a mechanical failure and having to spend time alone in the woods is a concern of mine.
I live in Washington state where there are all sorts of public, state and federal forests to explore - most in the mountains.
For those of you on the east coast: Most mountains over here are higher than the 2000-foot-tall hills you call mountains (not trying to start an east coast/west coast thing. I've lived on both sides of the country. There's a huuuuge difference). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep same here, our base elevation is 3500ft, we've rode as high as 8000-9000 ft.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I just have the stock kit, a few hand tools like allen wrenches and stuff, and my camelback but I dont ride too many places where we get great distances from our truck or house.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Machy said:
where you guys gonna keep a roll of TP? :grin_nod:
That would be your shirt sleve. HAHAHA

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just ride the dunes here in Glamis with friends. I make sure the cooler has enough alcohol, and that the fluids are topped off on the quad, and im good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a few allen wrenches are a good additon to the stock kit as well as a tire repair kit. Thats a cool set up Diddly. Alchohol has no place on the bike, should stay in camp.

·
Registered
683 Posts
GPS, Cell Phone, A few tools, spark plugs and a tow rope :thumbsup:
oh and my father.
yes my father drives the lunch wagon (polaris):) food is important
anyway that's about all those Polaris's are good for ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
sysnxt said:
did you make that diddly? what did you use, or where you buy it?
+1
I have been looking at it too Diddly and would like to know more about that tube you have. I think I would pick a little smaller diameter to use, but that's a great looking setup!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep just good old home depot plumbing section. I used a smaller diameter on my last bike and it was a pain in the ass not being able to get my hand/arm to the bottom.

·
Registered
118 Posts
thats a good point , that kinda sucks tipping your bike over to get stuff outa your tube ,and that is a bad a$$ list I took notes and I always have most everything but man some of those things would be usfull I was in the woods last winter for a day without fire and lemme tell you it plain sucked

·
Registered
234 Posts
i carry-
my nextel i580 (this thing is bullet proof with all the bells and whistles)
tire repair kit
a shorty 3/8 ratchet w/ sockets
shorty metric wrenches
allen key set (folding of coarse)
small chanel locks
small vise grips
zip ties
also i straped a hand operated air pump (off my mountain bike) to the frame
i keep all of the sockets and wrenches in my sons old game boy bag. i also wrap them in a sandwich bag to keep out the water. i zip tied the bag to my frame in front of my oil tank. i keep the tire repair kit under my seat.plus i ride with a thor water system. i also bring small snacks just in case!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts