Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when its winter and u gotta clean your atv.

im kinda stuck cause ilive in ny, so i had to unhook the hoose and insulate the spout, so no hose at the house till spring, and i have no garage so i would be outside.

so i figured bring the atv to the car wash, but my new ramps wont fit in the truck with the rappy :mad:

so i did spray it down in the back of the truck but its hard to get all the spots while its in there.

what do some of u guys that have winter do?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I usually just hook my hose up to the sink and wash it with hot water......if it gets that muddy though because the groud is forzen alot in the winter so mud isnt that big of a problem, but washin is a pain in the ass when its freezin out

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Sorry to read about your ramp situation. Having ramps that fit in the truck with the quad makes life much easier. Maybe you could get one of those watering cans for gardens and fill it up with hot water ... stand your quad up on the rear grab bar (remember to wrap the grab bar with a towel) and then give it a shower OR get a pump up weed sprayer and fill it with hot water?
Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is just what I do.....I don't live in a cold climite, but just the same. I pop it up on it's grab bar and it makes it easier to get the under carige clean.

When the raptor is not that dirty I clean it with honda pro waterless cleaner. It is really good stuff!!! I know...I know it's a honda product. But I don't care....it works good. I also use it on my road bike, truck, and moutain bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
when you say youre ramps dont fit do you mean that you cant close the tailgate with the ramps under the atv? cant you just lay them on their side and have them hanging out the back a little? or just leave the tail gate down!! what do you do when you go riding? load it up and take it to the car wash.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i don't use ramps, i load the bike into the back of the truck by hand,i just go to the carwash cause they have to either run hot water due to freezin or they have to leave the water run so it wont freeze, to me that means free pre-soak,then throw it back in your truck and head home,i have seen where some guys wrote about loopin their bikes tryin to ride up the ramps and i ain't buyin in on that....if you can't pick up your bike then hit the gym cause if it flips and lands on you you gotta be able to throw it off...........

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I ride my rap into my dads lifted ford 4x4 all the time and it never feels like it will flip, just lean forward or get a longer ramp (less incline) or you can easily make a ramp (some steel and a welder) ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Machy said:
I ride my rap into my dads lifted ford 4x4 all the time and it never feels like it will flip, just lean forward or get a longer ramp (less incline) or you can easily make a ramp (some steel and a welder) ;)
rather just lift it up, great exercise.......

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
"so i figured bring the atv to the car wash, but my new ramps wont fit in the truck with the rappy "

that is almost as funny as the guy that coudln't ride cuz it was in the back of his truck and he couldn't "unload" it!!! :lol:.
no seriously, that sucks, what the hell kind of ramps are they? and for some reason i dont' see how it could be possible? do you tie your quad down? just tie down your ramps...leave the gate open? play tetris. learn how to load better, if i can get 2 quads / 2 mini bikes, all camping and sleeping stuff for 4 people then i'm sure you must be able to get a quad and a ramp in.???? maybe i'm wrong. i gotta see these ramps...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
loose nutz said:
Machy said:
yeah, i just power clean the rear end and throw er up in the truck..makes me feel like stud in front of my friends. :grin_nod:
1st stand quad on rear grab, back truck up to quad, push front end down onto tailgate, then grab rear bar and grunt till you fill your huggies...might need to get low as the bar and push up and forward if your not able to just powerclean it into the back..

·
Registered
104 Posts
i used to lift my warrior in and out all the time but have a problem with the raptor
my s10 is to narrow to lift it in as it is very hard to lift and get it to roll over a wheel well hehe

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
capt_ron said:
i used to lift my warrior in and out all the time but have a problem with the raptor
my s10 is to narrow to lift it in as it is very hard to lift and get it to roll over a wheel well hehe
yeah,i can imagine that being a pain..maybe put some angled wood blocks in front of the wheel wells, help give it something to go up while pushing it???

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't envy you guys back east right now. The only things I see freeze are on TV.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
NICK said:
loose nutz said:
Machy said:
yeah, i just power clean the rear end and throw er up in the truck..makes me feel like stud in front of my friends. :grin_nod:
1st stand quad on rear grab, back truck up to quad, push front end down onto tailgate, then grab rear bar and grunt till you fill your huggies...might need to get low as the bar and push up and forward if your not able to just powerclean it into the back..
i'm 6'3", pickin it up into a 1 ton chevy dually,not to bad but like you said,stand it on grab bar,flop front end on tailgate and then pick it and shove it in,i usually stop at the swingarm and grab a better grip to go the rest of the way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have ramps easier just to ride it in but if i have help they can just turn the tire a bit and it will walk right on top and goes in easy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts