Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about getting 20x11x10 kenda klaw xcr tires mounted on ITP c-series wheels. is there anything bad about getting a 10 inch wheel compared to 9 inch? what you guys think about this combo

·
Registered
644 Posts
10" wheels are going to take more of a beating than the 9", and they are heavier.

Not such a common size on sport quads.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah, the wheels might be heavier, but the weight is equalled out because there is less sidewall.

10" wheels will give you a little better handling due to less sidewall flex too...

·
Registered
209 Posts
PIPO said:
10" wheels w/ tires (same tire size as 9") will be lighter than the 9"s.
Maybe.

How much more does a 10" wheel weigh than a 9"?
I'm looking at a catalog which doesn't have weights listed for a whole lot of tires, but Holeshot, XCR, XCT, and HD 10" weighs 1/2 pound less than 9". Mudlite? 9" 15.8 lbs. 10" 17.1 lbs. Kenda Klaw 533 10" 17.2 lbs. 9" 15.94 lbs.

Depends on the tire, I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went with 20x11x10 holeshot hd's with baja wheels. they hook a lot better coming out of the hole but I lost some on the top end. The reason I know this is my friend just bought his raptor 700r and I can beat him in the lower gears but he comes by me up top. both quads are bone stock for now. I'm not sure if it s the wheels or the tires but when i mounted them they felt twice as heavy as the stockers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea hd's are really heavy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.