Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im just wondering whats all needed to make a quad race ready? what is a must for racing?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
money. lots of it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i have money ..spent almost 4000 on mine in a month and half..lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
Whats all done on it right now? That would help know what else needs done. P.s. if you have a lot of money, i could use a sponser!!!! Lol. Good luck young lady.

·
Registered
298 Posts
money. lots of it.

HAHAHA...That's why I sold my mustang drag car! So far the Raptor has been cheaper and just as much if not more fun...LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i just want to do races around where ilive, nothing hard core..i was planning on maybe just doing some races for the fun of them at the tracks near me..but my question is like are there mandatory things that are need to even enter a race? im not planning on trying to make sponsors or anything just go out and have fun and enjoy the experience. i have a full yosh rs3 closed comp full exhaust, k&n air filter, k&n power lid, trail tech computer,vortex clutch maxxis razrs all around. 12-42 gearing, have tag nerf bars tag skid plate, but over the winter im gunna do

replace the chain rollers, put msr levers on it, ims shift lever, dyno jet kit, pro tapter se handle bars, reverse lever, magic power box, pro series kill switch, pro xc nerf bars, front grill, possible barnnet clutch, H.I.D kit, possible wheel spacers in front, weisco piston kit, stage 1 hot cam, dura blue +2 axle, axle locknuts, axle housing, new brake hub, new sprocket hub.. i have already done prtty much all bushings and bearings with all balls, going to change out steering stem , ive put new ball joints, tie rod ends..etc..ive put alot in this thing since may..payed 3500 for it stock have put 4000 into it with upgrades of my own...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Check with local race organizer , but sounds like all u need is the manditory kill switch. After your winter mods you should really be able to tear some tracks up and have a blast... Good luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check with local race organizer , but sounds like all u need is the manditory kill switch. After your winter mods you should really be able to tear some tracks up and have a blast... Good luck
sweet ya ill check that ive always wanted to race on a track so..and the adrenaline junkie i am lol always needs something to doo!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I would stay away from spacers. To be competitive you'll need to be wider.
Call whatever track you wanna run on and ask their requirements. If I had to guess I would say a kill switch, nerfs, helmet and numbr plates. I would make sure to get some riding boots, a roost deflector and if you got the money, a neckbrace.
Let's see some pictures of your bike.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
What kind of track is it? If it's super moto you're going to want a lot different parts from an motorcross track.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If it was me I wouldn't feel safe racing a 660 there just so heavy and the front end being so light and the rear heavy just doesn't seem smart

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would stay away from spacers. To be competitive you'll need to be wider.
Call whatever track you wanna run on and ask their requirements. If I had to guess I would say a kill switch, nerfs, helmet and numbr plates. I would make sure to get some riding boots, a roost deflector and if you got the money, a neckbrace.
Let's see some pictures of your bike.
here ya go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Are you doing MX racing? If so... as previously mentioned a 450 is going to be your best option. The power to weight ratio and suspension design will give you a big advantage over the 660. The 450's reach their peak power much faster and will pull out of corners much harder than a 660. The lighter weight will also make them more forgiving (wear you out less) when you start throwing them around on the ground and in the air.

Also, I wouldn't even consider racing a 660 unless it had a wider stance (a-arms in the front and wider axle). They are just too tippy to consider racing with stock geometry.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Stick with the 660, might not be ideal but great all around bike. If you are only going to race and never ride for fun then ya go 450. I think in the long run you will be happier with the 660, and with the right mods I think the 450 would have a hard time against you. Also if you learn on a 660 like I did , the 450 feel very awkward to ride. I have tried riding my buddy's yfz and hate it, I am simply use to the way my Rappy handles.. Bottom line it will be your choice as what is more comfortable to you. I say , have fun... which ever bike you choose.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya like i said i just want to have a race here and there just for the fun of it..not looking to get anything out of it..other than the experience...

·
Registered
186 Posts
i had a trx 450R in the past and i have 2 660s now and the 450 is a monster powerhouse but very hard to trail ride with being that you cant put around as it will want to choke down all the time. the 660 is strong fast and easy to ease around on i would have to add with the rest that wider is better if you can get it lower and wider you will stand a better chance and actually be safer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts