Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can see what I have done. Please be honest

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keep in mind that the grips add 10 horse ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Not very good, I would say. Depending on the extent of the motorwork.

What is his set up??

·
Registered
40 Posts
i would say no also,banshees are fast in a straight line.2 strokes build alot of power on the top end,try to set it up for a short run.only go like 2 or 3 telephone lenghts.my uncle has a quad racer 500 thats ported and polished and piped,i can get him in a short run but up top i cant touch him

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I know Ive been smoked by several banshees with motor work so it just depends on what they call motor work lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I raced one that had pipes,and was polsihed on the insde running 22's on alky. Raced him on my bros 700 which has full system,22's,pro filter setup and EFI tuner. I beat him by 2 lenghts. we raced for about 10 telephone poles and he had a one pole had start.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would run him just for kicks, but dont get your hopes up on winning. Banshees can be retarted if built right.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Don't race him on pavement. Take him to the dirt. They have no grip in the dirt. Race him 300 to 400 feet. You should change your front sprocket for a 15 T. Good lock and let us know how it went :thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ive raced a banshee before, but he had no motor work. . .all he did was spin though, you definitely have a good chance on a short run, but if he hooks it up ya never know. . .

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have won a few drags against banshees in the sand,but they were lightly modded,the heavily modded ones I can't touch and are the fastest machines at the drags. :mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
You will hands down whoop his lilly ass...As long as you request a race using the reverse gear. other than that, racing a Banshee is just not usually a good idea. You can beat a few, sure, but in the end they are still the dominant player on the drag strips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for everything and I'll let you guys know how it goes. FYI... The guy is a huge gearhead.

·
Registered
973 Posts
RaptorDaddy76 said:
Thanks for everything and I'll let you guys know how it goes. FYI... The guy is a huge gearhead.
LOL... I was thinking you may have had a change till you said that... Gearheads and banshees mesh well!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Do you all think an added cam and high com. piston will do the job? I hope so because Im about to go up against a modded banshee on a drag run.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My brother is a banshee rider and he is bored out to a 375, a 32nd shaved of the head, T5s and K&N intake. You can see what I have. He beats me every time unless we start at the bottom of a steep hill and race to the top then we are about =. If he can get into 3rd or 4th gear while I'm in third he's gone.

From what he told me he was out watching the hill shoots and a YFZ was dominating the hill. Little brother beat him by 2 legnths.

Good luck them damn 2 strokes are fast.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ice4me said:
Do you all think an added cam and high com. piston will do the job? I hope so because Im about to go up against a modded banshee on a drag run.

Depending on how modded the banshee is and also the gearing of it. If its built for top speed you will have your hands full.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
We did an 1/8mile ice drag this winter and my buddy waxed me on this but it's pretty stout, He's a factory mechanic for the KTM supermoto team so he knows his shit. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Really just depends whats done to it. Not to be cocky at all, but I would never back down from a Raptor with a High Compression piston and a cam on my Cub banshee. Pretty much, if he was a cub, its going to get ugly fast!

·
Registered
793 Posts
07SERaptor said:
Really just depends whats done to it. Not to be cocky at all, but I would never back down from a Raptor with a High Compression piston and a cam on my Cub banshee. Pretty much, if he was a cub, its going to get ugly fast!

Thats because you sound like you got $10000 in mods in the shee. How much all that work cost you. WTF is a cub? How much for that alone?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts