Raptor Forum banner

What do you think my odds are of beating a piped up Banshee with motor work

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Fasterraptor 
#1 ·
You can see what I have done. Please be honest

#3 ·
Not very good, I would say. Depending on the extent of the motorwork.

What is his set up??

#4 ·
i would say no also,banshees are fast in a straight line.2 strokes build alot of power on the top end,try to set it up for a short run.only go like 2 or 3 telephone lenghts.my uncle has a quad racer 500 thats ported and polished and piped,i can get him in a short run but up top i cant touch him

#7 ·
I would run him just for kicks, but dont get your hopes up on winning. Banshees can be retarted if built right.

#9 ·
Don't race him on pavement. Take him to the dirt. They have no grip in the dirt. Race him 300 to 400 feet. You should change your front sprocket for a 15 T. Good lock and let us know how it went :thumbsup:

#11 ·
I have won a few drags against banshees in the sand,but they were lightly modded,the heavily modded ones I can't touch and are the fastest machines at the drags. :mad:

#12 ·
You will hands down whoop his lilly ass...As long as you request a race using the reverse gear. other than that, racing a Banshee is just not usually a good idea. You can beat a few, sure, but in the end they are still the dominant player on the drag strips.

#13 ·
Thanks for everything and I'll let you guys know how it goes. FYI... The guy is a huge gearhead.

#14 ·
RaptorDaddy76 said:
Thanks for everything and I'll let you guys know how it goes. FYI... The guy is a huge gearhead.
LOL... I was thinking you may have had a change till you said that... Gearheads and banshees mesh well!

#16 ·
My brother is a banshee rider and he is bored out to a 375, a 32nd shaved of the head, T5s and K&N intake. You can see what I have. He beats me every time unless we start at the bottom of a steep hill and race to the top then we are about =. If he can get into 3rd or 4th gear while I'm in third he's gone.

From what he told me he was out watching the hill shoots and a YFZ was dominating the hill. Little brother beat him by 2 legnths.

Good luck them damn 2 strokes are fast.

#17 ·
Ice4me said:
Do you all think an added cam and high com. piston will do the job? I hope so because Im about to go up against a modded banshee on a drag run.

Depending on how modded the banshee is and also the gearing of it. If its built for top speed you will have your hands full.

#18 ·
We did an 1/8mile ice drag this winter and my buddy waxed me on this but it's pretty stout, He's a factory mechanic for the KTM supermoto team so he knows his shit. :(

Attachments

#19 ·
Really just depends whats done to it. Not to be cocky at all, but I would never back down from a Raptor with a High Compression piston and a cam on my Cub banshee. Pretty much, if he was a cub, its going to get ugly fast!

#20 ·
07SERaptor said:
Really just depends whats done to it. Not to be cocky at all, but I would never back down from a Raptor with a High Compression piston and a cam on my Cub banshee. Pretty much, if he was a cub, its going to get ugly fast!

Thats because you sound like you got $10000 in mods in the shee. How much all that work cost you. WTF is a cub? How much for that alone?

#21 ·
Ive got under 6k in the whole thing. I got the Bike for 2500 and then about 3500 in mods. I did all the work myself so labor was free. A cub is a cylinder set up on banshees. It is like a 70% increase in power. My cub was like 1100 bucks, but its a 421, there are lots of bigger ones and smaller.

#22 ·
Raced my buddy's Banshee on pavement and walked away from him. He has slightly overbored, higher compression pistions, Hot Crank crankshaft, FMF pipes, cool heads, domes, aftermarket carbs (not sure of the brand), programable ignition, etc. My Raptor has the baffle removed, K&N w/adaptor, PC III. Raced from a 2nd gear roll and had almost 2 bikes on him as I topped out 5th. We did this a couple of times and I was very surprised as I thought he was going to hand my ass to me. You never know!!!

#23 ·
JDStang2 said:
Raced my buddy's Banshee on pavement and walked away from him. He has slightly overbored, higher compression pistions, Hot Crank crankshaft, FMF pipes, cool heads, domes, aftermarket carbs (not sure of the brand), programable ignition, etc. My Raptor has the baffle removed, K&N w/adaptor, PC III. Raced from a 2nd gear roll and had almost 2 bikes on him as I topped out 5th. We did this a couple of times and I was very surprised as I thought he was going to hand my ass to me. You never know!!!
You dont change the pistons in banshees to raise compression, thats what coolhead does. He was just blabbing a bunch of junk talking up a bike that wasnt much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.