Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You think $400 is a ok deal for some 07 YFZ SE shocks? Most the regular ones have been going for around $300 that I have found (for 06 or 07 ones anyway) and Ive seen 07 Raptor SE shocks go for over $600. :feedback:

·
Registered
278 Posts
new or used?

·
Registered
278 Posts
sounds good to me, is ther a big diff between the 450se and 700se, i have the 700se and love them, so if ther close or better i would get them

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
black 07 se said:
sounds good to me, is ther a big diff between the 450se and 700se, i have the 700se and love them, so if ther close or better i would get them
Not sure I asked in another thread but no response yet. I think they are just a little shorter but other than that they are the same.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Depends on the condition and what your final goal with your suspension is. They are a big improvement over stock but for a few bills more you can get good aftermarket. Do you pay 400 now and then end up paying 6 or 7 later for something else. I might hold out a litter longer a save up for a i shock kit or something. You will find that after the shock upgrade you will be able to ride harder and faster but then you will start running into the the issues of needing to widen it to make up for the increased speeds that you can ride at. I made this mistake at first and wish I would have just waited and done the whole thing at first, it would have saved me some cash in the long run.

·
Registered
278 Posts
great point

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I almost wish I got the standard model and went with YFZ shocks just for the sake of lowering it a bit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
They are indentical arent they?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I know the springs are different. The yfz ones are designed for more sag, hence the lower ride height. If you look at the springs the top coils are wound much tighter. Here is a pic of the raptor se shock for reference

·
Registered
468 Posts
They shock body itself is 3/4 inch shorter if you use the 450 shocks. I have them on my Raptor. I have been very satisfied with the results. Planted my front end more.

Craig,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts