Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 03 660 and i just dont think something is right with it i only weigh around 175 pounds but my rappy will not carry me on a wheelie past third gear as soon as i hit 3 it falls on its face but the motor sounds good clutch feels aswome and motor has good comp. It has stock jets and a K&N airfilter stock air box and the guy i got it from took the baffel out of the muffler and the sprockets are stock. Am i expecting to much or is this normal what can i do to get more bottom end. Thank you ahead of time for any advice. I just dont think its pulling as hard as it should.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Hey guys i have a 03 660 and i just dont think something is right with it i only weigh around 175 pounds but my rappy will not carry me on a wheelie past third gear as soon as i hit 3 it falls on its face but the motor sounds good clutch feels aswome and motor has good comp. It has stock jets and a K&N airfilter stock air box and the guy i got it from took the baffel out of the muffler and the sprockets are stock. Am i expecting to much or is this normal what can i do to get more bottom end. Thank you ahead of time for any advice. I just dont think its pulling as hard as it should.
Let the modding begin and you will be able to keep going:D Wish I could help more but I have only rode a stock 660 1 time and that was over 4yrs ago but that sound about right. I pull a wheelie in 3rd with a extended swingarm, but mines not stock:p

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't want mine to be able to pull up in fifth....Otherwise I would have to keep stopping to wipe my ass :D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Give it a few months and you will want more power lol.
Haha oh I know it man! I'm starting to feel a bit bolder lol

Thats what i was thinking but what about droping the front sprocket a tooth or so. thanks agin. By the way Tommy sweet video thats what i want mine to do
1 tooth down might help you out a decent amount but your first gear will probably be useless lol.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Call me a purest but if you butt is not on the seat its not much of a wheelie. Who cant stand on the grab bar and do long wheelies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re-jet, airbox lid off and maybe a tooth and you should be happy....A new slip on (HMF is my favorite for the 660) and you may flip it on your head in 3rd gear...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re-jet, airbox lid off and maybe a tooth and you should be happy....A new slip on (HMF is my favorite for the 660) and you may flip it on your head in 3rd gear...
That was one more question i was going to ask which slip on i should buy. I herd good things about the HMF but i dont know from experience. Thanks agin for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Call me a purest but if you butt is not on the seat its not much of a wheelie. Who cant stand on the grab bar and do long wheelies.

like i said the tire pressure wasn't right....i have no problem sitting down, feet over the handle bars, sitting on the handle bars, one handed, or even facing backwards. I stand on the grab bar to control it for long wheelies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts