Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious as to what exhaust you have on your raptor and if you are completely satisfied with it. I know Im searching for exhaust that will fit my requirements, but I may have to be flexible with it. Im looking for a single (duals would be nice but I dont know if I want to pay $$$$$ for them), Id like it not to be obnoxiously loud, and look good. Oh, and I dont want to pay much more than $500 for it. So, what did you spend your hard earned money on, are you satisfied with the power it added, and what do you think about the sound and increased noise levels it added? Any and all comments appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I went with the yosh RS7 full system. The main reason I chose it was the longer header fo mid to hi improvements. The fit and finish is very good and it retains the stock heat sheilds. I bought it on e-bay from motox for $485.00 shipped. I had to leave the spark arestor in for noise purposes well over 100db with out Around 96db with. A good pipe, intake and fuel control will be a good improvement!. What you may also want to think about is the internals, piston, cam etc that may hange your choice.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got the big gun full at a show for $360. Great power deep sound but not too loud with the silencer (that I don't use). The down side is it does'nt use the front factory heat shield so you have to cover it with heat wrap or tuck your pants into your boots (or just let em melt :() Over all I like it though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Full Yosh r2-7 system. very nice. my rap screams with it on and like gearhead said about the mid to hi improvements its worth it. plus the chicks dig it.cheeehooooo

·
Registered
130 Posts
hmf slipon it has great power and it looks great and its only $ 225.00

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey air any chance I can peep the Rod woods dyno sheet? or have the GYTR overlapping eachother I might switch from LTE to rod woods

·
Registered
188 Posts
I went for the DR D full system for the looks, build quality,and heard they weren't too loud.It also fits well and uses the stock heat shield that protects your heel and plastics(not the shield by your upper leg).Im running this with only the spark arrester and no quite core and its not too loud for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
just to give me an idea what does a regular bike put down on that dyno with pipe and filter? I know that your elevation is alot higher correct?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have Trinity's original system. I gained a significant amount of power and noise. Ive been decibal checked, and the bike idles at 101.5db!!!! The exhaust whistles when letting off the gas which is annoying.

I had to machine the flange that mates the silencer to the pipe to get it to seal.

The header length is considerable before the primaries Y together which is the main reason I bought this pipe.

The heatshield that comes with the pipe is plenty adaquate for me when I wear shorts to not get burned. I wear below the knee shorts, but nevertheless. The heat shield has a couple of cracks from the mounting points which is cosmetic at this point.

I would not reccomend buying this pipe. Its loud and needed modification to seal. Way better power over stock, but I think a different pipe more mods would be the way to go.

I have seen that Trinity uses a different silencer now. I got the first batch they made last year.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Air, what elevation was that bike dynoed in? Those numbers are might low for a 734, looks more like a 700 with the usual 3mods to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....I bet they too are running knobbies, and are really high up.

Most 734's with porting, cam, and 3 mods are about 62-65 RWHP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts