Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the 700 world and have no idea what fuel controller to use. I just aquired a 700 that needed a topend rebuild so im going ahead and putting a 12:1 CP stb bore piston and not sure on the cam but probably a hotcam 3, x4, or web 4. What kind of fuel controller do i need and where do i get the maps??

I would like to get something with some fexability cuz i plan on going alot bigger on the motor later down the road..

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
DynoJet Power Commander 3 or 5. For purely controlling fuel you can't split them on performance. The 5 is just the newer version that is a little smaller, a little more convenient, and has more options for add-ons.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the DynoJet website it says the power commander 5 is for the 09-2011 models and the PC3 is for the 06-08 models. Will the PC5 work on the 06-08 models??

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
PC3 will work on all models, PC5 will work on all models. PC5 can use PC5 or PC3 maps, PC3 can only use PC3 maps. PC3 maps can be converted to PC5 maps.

Prices are about equal if you're shopping retail, in which case I'd suggest the PC5.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PC3 will work on all models, PC5 will work on all models. PC5 can use PC5 or PC3 maps, PC3 can only use PC3 maps. PC3 maps can be converted to PC5 maps.

Prices are about equal if you're shopping retail, in which case I'd suggest the PC5.
Thanks thats what i needed to know!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

Close but no cigar MD! You can use a pc3 map in a pc5 you just have to copy the numbers manually leaving out the 15% column ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Close but no cigar MD! You can use a pc3 map in a pc5 you just have to copy the numbers manually leaving out the 15% column ;)
So technically the map can't be loaded, aka, the file itself is not compatible, but if you want to manually enter the data into an empty pc3 map the data points do in fact translate over.

So a pc5 map can't be loaded but you can still use the all important fuel points from the pc5 map if you do the file conversion yourself.

Gotcha, I'm rather lazy and wouldn't have gone looking for that method until I needed it, thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yes that is correct! I ran into a new guy on here that needed to do just that and did some research for him. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts