Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna lower her with the CFM lowering kit I got from Devin29. Then take her out to the local 1/2 mile track. I got some 20/11/9 tri trac duro's on rear
and 21/7/10 duro tri-trac front

I was wondering what's a good gear for this track size so I can run fifth gear. Right now I'm gear 15/36 should I re-gear if so to what. I'm just doing this for fun as I still trail ride and do a little gncc, a drag racing. My engine produce 80+hp and 60+ mods are 778 bigbore stroker with true 54mm TB from WK, 13.25:1 compression counting extra from stroke DMC duals custom web cam, Cuervo extreme +2 port work, PC5 custom tuned by Eric @ EHS racing! Any help would be great. Anybody ever run this tires they are supposed to be a a dual sport asphalt/dirt tire pikes peak riders use

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will season starts up again in April I'm just getting the stuff to go still need that durablu sway bar I'm gonna set the axcel to +2 each side cause I believe lowering it I'll get about 2-3 inches wider out front hopefully 4 lol. How much lower did that kit lower front of the wife's 700? Did it widin it as the arms are parallel now or almost.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not to begin with. Devin29 sent me an entire lowering kit front and rear the CFM lowering kit. Just because he could never find a map for his build. I sent him my custom map from Eric. He loved the map asked for my address and in a couple days here it was. It's got the non adjustable style link if it's don't lower enough I'm flip the link. I'm gonna up the preload on the shock out bac so rear don't set extra low after I get on it. That would help it not to sag as much and being I'll be riding smooth surface shouldnt bother me much maybe ride stiffer but most things do that you make hug the road.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh since it widens it 2 inches I can stay away from arms for a minute. Some the local trails I'm to wide stock in places. Dirt bikes are way more popular up here idk why though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
15/36 will be to short of gearing, go no minimum of 15/38. But honestly I run 15/40 and runs very well. I've raced many 1/2 mile oval tracks and this is my gearing recommendations. Also with you running a 20" tall tire the 15/40 will be more like a 15/38 on 18" tall american racer dirt track tires

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^if I'm not mistaking 15/36 taller than 15/40 I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The 36 gear in theory will give more top speed, but the motor wont pull it in 5th gear all the way to rev limit. A 40 will give you as much speed as the 36 would only because the 40 allows the motor to rev up higher allowing you more low end pull coming out of the corner. When I ran a 36 my speed coming into the turns was 91 mph, when I ran 40 I was coming into the corners at 93 mph, and had much more out of corner pull.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bounce off rev limiter in 1/4 mile drags with 22"'s

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
In what gear? 4th or 5th.. and with what sprockets? On 1/3 mile tracks I run 15/38 and run 4th gear. On 1/8 mile tracks I run 14/38 in 4th. We don't have any 1/4 mile tracks around here to know what gearing to run

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1/4 mile drag strip I bounce off rev limiter in 5th at 15/36 with 22" asphalt tires.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
The 36 gear in theory will give more top speed, but the motor wont pull it in 5th gear all the way to rev limit. A 40 will give you as much speed as the 36 would only because the 40 allows the motor to rev up higher allowing you more low end pull coming out of the corner. When I ran a 36 my speed coming into the turns was 91 mph, when I ran 40 I was coming into the corners at 93 mph, and had much more out of corner pull.
What kind of RPM do you turn on avg?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Dunno, I say on dirt I come into the corner around 9300. I had the dynojet ignition with the rev extend to 9500.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah my ecu cuts fuel at 8,800 109 mph. I got pc5 can I jet the rev extender but I think if I go any higher rpm I'd switch to Tii valves to lighten valvetrain and lower risk of valve float or am I wrong there.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it's a matter of time before she blows

1 - 17 of 17 Posts