Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just bought my 700 about 3 weeks to a month ago and all ride time since has been trails. I have raced a few buddies but was always from a roll so don't have a lot of practice launching it. I don't know if it matters much but have barkers, FCI with box, PCIII, and 15 tooth, Hotcam stage 2 going in shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Launch in 2nd...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Get on the tank if you getting a lot of traction. Put in second launch about 1/2 throttle. If it lugs next time gas it more as soon as it comes out the hole shift and go WTFO shifting at the right points. If you're spinning launch WTFO on tank in second shifting to 3rd quick rev a bit then shift 4 and on normal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I started doing 2nd gear launches on my 660 and noticed that my clutch was starting to engage later. Prolly not such a good idea. I dont know if it was because of how hard I was launching. But Id rev it up to about half throttle, lean forward, sit on the tank and dump the clutch while giving it WOT. I started to notice that the clutch was slipping when I would dump it and I wasn't getting full power to the tires. So I stopped :(

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I started doing 2nd gear launches on my 660 and noticed that my clutch was starting to engage later. Prolly not such a good idea. I dont know if it was because of how hard I was launching. But Id rev it up to about half throttle, lean forward, sit on the tank and dump the clutch while giving it WOT. I started to notice that the clutch was slipping when I would dump it and I wasn't getting full power to the tires. So I stopped :(
Thats cause u have a 660..there's nothing wrong with launching in 2nd been doing since 2006... u probably need to adjust ur cable or replace ur plates and springs on that old dinosaur..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thats cause u have a 660..there's nothing wrong with launching in 2nd been doing since 2006... u probably need to adjust ur cable or replace ur plates and springs on that old dinosaur..
Yeah I adjusted the clutch cable so that it engages sooner. Although I'm sure I'm going to be needing a new clutch. Any ideas on a good trail/drag clutch?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts