Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pro taper SE, ATV high bar on, and want to know what hand guards will fit it. Does anyone have any pics?

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
you gotta be careful with hand guards. i didnt ask before i bought them and now they dont fit. i eather have to drill out the end of the bars or get new ones. sucks because they where 80 buckes and i cant even use them. there just sitting on the work bench wastin money for now :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run a set of Powermadd complete gaurds on mine and love them. I also have protapor bars. the end bar on the powermadd comes off real easy is you ride much mx. sorry i don't have very good pictures of them. I sent about $90 on them that is the only down fall. Hope this helps. www.powermadd.com

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just installed my powermadds last night. I have stock bars, but the mounting system seems like it would work on anything. Real nice setup.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have powermadds on my pro taper se's and love em. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
is it true that you do have to remove the e brake lever?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:

No, I still have mine. You just have to but a relocate kit which moves it about an inch. They are about $10 through powermadd or you can make your own like I did and its free. Either way you still have a parking break. 8)

·
Registered
166 Posts
What do I need to do to make this? I had problems so I took them to my local Yamaha dealer and he said they wouldn't work so they have been in my garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I finally got started on installing my Powermadds last night.. :confused: I like the looks of the PowerMadds, but I'm afraid if a high speed rollover occurs they are toast.... :( Not real impressed with how sturdy they are at all, I went with the "handguard" also..I used Acerbis on the Banshee and they held up pretty good.. :thumbsup:

I'll try to get pic's up later... 8)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
I've had my Powermadds for a while now.. they are pretty good, whats nice, is in a crash, you can leave the mount on the handle bars a little loose/ so they will bend down before any damage. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Teraflx said:
06RAPPY700R said:

No, I still have mine. You just have to but a relocate kit which moves it about an inch. They are about $10 through powermadd or you can make your own like I did and its free. Either way you still have a parking break. 8)
Can you stick a pic of the e-brake mod for us please?

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Teraflx said:
06RAPPY700R said:

I did the same thing, I cut a 1" wide by 2" long 1/16" piece of steel, drilled holes, and put a bend in the middle @ about 45 degrees.. (not quite that drastic of an agle.. but you get the point.) I'll try getting a pic up this weekend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Sweet! Thanks!

Got these from R/M but had to trim the ends off the levers to make them fit. No biggie.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Krandall said:
I've had my Powermadds for a while now.. they are pretty good, whats nice, is in a crash, you can leave the mount on the handle bars a little loose/ so they will bend down before any damage. :thumbsup:
I don't know about quads because I have always used Acerbis, but in the bike world moving handguards are a big no-no.. :confused: I'm starting to get into supermoto and a hanguard that moves scares the shit out of those guys.. :eek: I guess the reason is in theory that in a really bad wreck it could come around and possibly break your arm.... :( Anyway mine are going on later today and I'll give them a try, if nothing else I think they look pretty sweet..... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Big Mike said:
Krandall said:
I don't know about quads because I have always used Acerbis, but in the bike world moving handguards are a big no-no.. :confused: I'm starting to get into supermoto and a hanguard that moves scares the shit out of those guys.. :eek: I guess the reason is in theory that in a really bad wreck it could come around and possibly break your arm.... :( Anyway mine are going on later today and I'll give them a try, if nothing else I think they look pretty sweet..... :grin_nod:
But you dont leave them loose enough to move around. Mine are on tight enough that they have never once moved when I am out riding no matter how bumpy the terrain is. But they are not on super tight that way when/if you wreck then can twist instead of breaking. I can mive mine with my hands if i apply enough pressure but they dont go anywhere while I am riding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Teraflx said:
Big Mike said:
Krandall said:
But you dont leave them loose enough to move around. Mine are on tight enough that they have never once moved when I am out riding no matter how bumpy the terrain is. But they are not on super tight that way when/if you wreck then can twist instead of breaking. I can mive mine with my hands if i apply enough pressure but they dont go anywhere while I am riding. :thumbsup:
Thats what I meant, in a wreck they could cause a problem......Its all speculation anyway !!! I don't know of anyone its actually happened to personally, its internet chatter on the supermoto site.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
maupome said:
Here you go!!

good luck... :thumbsup:
please stop teasing me with pic's of your quad !! :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

Yours is where I'm going with mine......eventually.. 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts