Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty much what it says.....what all bends or Quad brand bars will clear the 700 gas tank, I got a set of Tag T2 CR High Bend off a YFZ and need to know if it will clear or not

thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went with the Pro Taper SE Raptor bend. they look nice. havn't been riding yet. they look like they set a little high, but I still like the look.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have Renthal 400ex bend bars on mine, looks like they were made for it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I got the protaper SE raptor bars on both of ours. They clear and work rather well! Much better than stock

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
135boom said:
I got the protaper SE raptor bars on both of ours. They clear and work rather well! Much better than stock
I think Pro Taper's "Raptor Bend" may be modeled after the 660 Raptor which is slightly taller. In my case that's a good thing.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i nned new bars asap due to mine are bent. but i cnt figure out which is best for my needs. im real simple . i want a direct fit similiar bend to stock that wont bend as easy. im thinking renthal or pro taper but not sure on which part # exactly. any help for a noob???ill most likely buy them for rocky mountain since i got 10% off my next order. any links? thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
The only thing you need to really pay attenion to is the base width, height and over all width. The base width so the bars don't rub on the plastic unless you run a taller steering stem. And the remaining two for the cables, to wide and tall and the electrical will need to be moved.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a Gibson +1 stem with and anti vibe clamp w/ the T-2 CR bend bars. I have no issue with clearance. Everything works very well together. Something you may want to look into.

Frank

·
Registered
572 Posts
i just got 2 protaper se bars 1 for the 700 and the other for my 01 660. i hoipe they bolt right up and fit well. ill find out in the morning. i also got the spider grips to go along with them. anyone use the spider grips? will i run into any fitment issues? any tips?

·
Registered
779 Posts
This is a good thread. I'd love to see pics of the various setups.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm going to try Pro Taper's in a CR high bend, I think....As always I reserve the rite to change the plan.. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
Here are pics of my old and new bar set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
frankhkp7 said:
Tiggyboot said:
Nice clean setup...What, no more parking brake ?? LOL :grin_nod:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Big Mike said:
frankhkp7 said:
Tiggyboot said:
Nice clean setup...What, no more parking brake ?? LOL :grin_nod:
Thanks man!! The hole in the Gibson set up is for the kill switch I'm installing tomorrow!! The parking brake was a pain in the ass. Also, take notice of the abscence of a certain Trail Tech computer!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anyone try a narrower bar? I mean narrower in over all width that is?

I am use to a narrow bar on my PWC, and this stock bar just does not "feel" right to me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pro Tapers SE bars are narrower (30.3") than the stock bars (about 31"). Renthal has a Raptor 700 bend and a 660 bend. The 700 bend is about 31.1" wide. There is a difference between the 660 bend and the 700 bend.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Protaper SE Raptor Bend: "black" (ladies quad)

...weeellll, I have a pic but the upload folder is full.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
What grips have you gone with after changing out your bars?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts