Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just installed a HC3 (stock springs)with Tech 11.5/1 piston Ron woods pipe Pro intake
with a Monster gen 3...

I am still doing plug chops to set the gen3 and am getting OMG power but still tending to run a bit lean...

When I rev high in 1,2nd or 3rd the engine power abruptly starts rapidly pulsing off and on limiting any aditional rpms in that gear...

Is this caused by the rev limit in the ecu ??? or am I floating the valves??? or is this a lean or rich condition????....

Being new to the 700 I dont know how they act at max rpm....

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Your bouncing off of the rev limiter! Should be right around 9 grand. It's not good to rev a four stroke that high so don't do it a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Your bouncing off of the rev limiter! Should be right around 9 grand. It's not good to rev a four stroke that high so don't do it a lot.

I wasnt shure what was going on .... with this build it dosent take long to get up in revs

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah man these bikes are crazy once you start giving them some good valve lift and compression! Throw a dynatek ignition in there and a dynatek coil with an iridium plug and you wont even be able to floor as fast as you can in nuetural without hitting the limiter. Makes me laugh everytime these 450 guys talk trash about rappy's. They come so damn restricted unlike the 450 class. So just matching compression for compression and lift for lift and you'll spank any 450 out there.Theres no replacement for discplacement LOL!!! Heres a video of me spankin my buddy on his brand new ktm 450 that he said he was gonna whoop my ass on LMFAO!!! I rolled of the throttle in 3rd gear just because the race was over and I was starting to hit some whoops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW I cant wait to get the quad out and runin ... We are headed to Mosies Lk in a week or so ... Still waitn for my Elaka elite rear used shock to arrive so I can set up suspension...

Raced my son's Polaris 500 while I was tuning the gen3. He didnt have a chance... Now he is mad at me he said that he cant have his 63 year old man doin that to him , he is lookin for a new 700...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts