Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Raptor to Wedge Beach 175Km North of Perth in Western Australia on the Labour Long Weekend. Heaps of bike & Quads out :thumbsup:
I was trying out my new mod's (DMC Duals ,PCIII,GYTR Cleaner) And a Standard looking Raptor 700 LE O7 Model pull up for a run :grin_nod:. We had about 4 runs and I hosed him by 7-8 bike lengths.
As I'm over 100kg and he looked half my size , I would of through it should of been closer? :wtf:
Can the 3 Mod's make that much difference :feedback:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ive raced a simi modded 400 ex, beat em and a heavily modded z400, beat him too.....Im gonna say yes, the 3 mods make a good "noticable" difference

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Ive raced YFZs of all sorts, a couple of TRXs, a couple of LTRs, a Banshee with slicks on the street, a 400EX with a 440 kit in it, and a few bikes and have either outran em or was pretty even when it was stock but now with my mods its almost not even the effort....almost.

·
Registered
994 Posts
oic10z said:
I took the Raptor to Wedge Beach 175Km North of Perth in Western Australia on the Labour Long Weekend. Heaps of bike & Quads out :thumbsup:
I was trying out my new mod's (DMC Duals ,PCIII,GYTR Cleaner) And a Standard looking Raptor 700 LE O7 Model pull up for a run :grin_nod:. We had about 4 runs and I hosed him by 7-8 bike lengths.
As I'm over 100kg and he looked half my size , I would of through it should of been closer? :wtf:
Not to be an ass but that guy you raced but have not known what he was doing at all...

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a real art to drag racing. My son and I have 07 se's with GTYR filters. We raced each other several times on the weekend and he beat me more often than not even when we swapped rides. We were both launching in 2nd gear but I am sure he was hooking 3rd earlier than I was and just blew me away. I reckon I was reving to high and getting out of that torque zone. He is similar in weight to me so that certainly wasn't the difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeremy said:
oic10z said:
Not to be an ass but that guy you raced but have not known what he was doing at all...
Seeing that the last run we had I let him pull away in 3rd then pulled him in hard, He gave me two :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And later in the day I saw him doing 20' feet jumps so I guess his no Ass!! :lol:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
pile0g00 said:
StuntPunkJames said:
pile0g00 said:
I raced a KFX80 with a 9 year old on it. I smoked him. 8)
What kinda mods did he have, was it stock :3question: :confused: :lol:
He had the intake and exhaust limiters removed and I still smoked him. I started pulling away in first and just kept pulling... Until I heard, "dad, wait up dad"
:rofl: Swap quads to see if its the rider :lol:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
Ive raced a simi modded 400 ex, beat em and a heavily modded z400, beat him too.....Im gonna say yes, the 3 mods make a good "noticable" difference
Consider the source when reading anything StuntPunkJames types about winning races. As you can see in his avatar he has an unfair advantage - a honey at the finish line willing to pose for pictures. ;)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I raced a guy this weekend and finally had someone able to keep up with me. We were neck and neck just about every race but a couple where i got the jump. He was on a trx450. It was bored to a 480 with a big cam, running a 14:1 piston and 113 race fuel. He also had a rekluse clutch. Those things are cool.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pile0g00 said:
StuntPunkJames said:
pile0g00 said:
I raced a KFX80 with a 9 year old on it. I smoked him. 8)
What kinda mods did he have, was it stock :3question: :confused: :lol:
He had the intake and exhaust limiters removed and I still smoked him. I started pulling away in first and just kept pulling... Until I heard, "dad, wait up dad"
LOL :lol:
What a nice dad to even let him catch up ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
i raced a 450r suzuki yesterday and pulled him like crazy. the second race i had a wheelie going on launch and my front tires almost landed on his head, so i let the bike drop down, got back on it and still caught him and passed him within a gear so im happy as hell

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah there was an Outlaw out at the desert last weekend also. He said he didn't want to race because he knew the Raptor was faster. He said he use to have one but really likes the smooth ride of the Outlaw.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.