Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I want in a grab bar is that:

- don't bend (if flips back)
- large and free area to grab (to remove my baby out of the mud)
- looks good ;)
- not essential, that can carry something (going to buy bread :p )

Found this one, but I'm not sure (even if "WE MAKE THE BEST ATV AFTERMARKET PARTS IN THE WORLD!!!")

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150054981603&ru

Any ideas will be highly appreciated!

Ride hard!

Kilion

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had bought a rebel racing rear grab bar cause I liked the looks of it, but After the first wheelie it bent ( i did hit pretty hard) so I bought another one. Wel lets just say they didnt hold up to my type of riding. So after 3 of them I bought a PRM rear grab bar and have not had a problem yet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You actually want it to bend for the simple reason; if it does not bend, it will not absorb energy and it will transfer the impact to your sub frame or frame, which is more expensive to replace. Bending absorbs energy and lessens the damage to the parts it is attached to.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You want to have the perfect strength in a grab bar though. Of course you dont want the grab bar to be steel because it would transfer the impact to the frame. Im not exactly sure but I would think all grab bars are made of a weaker material than the frame .. therefor the grab bar will absorb the impact before it affects the frame.

·
Registered
841 Posts
PRM makes a good grab bar, love mine :thumbsup: Not only a good product but great customer service, they forgot a few screws so I called them just to let them know I told them I would get some from the local hardware store it was no biggie, few days later (b4 I had a chance to go get some) got em in the mail

·
Registered
793 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
PRM makes a good grab bar, love mine :thumbsup: Not only a good product but great customer service, they forgot a few screws so I called them just to let them know I told them I would get some from the local hardware store it was no biggie, few days later (b4 I had a chance to go get some) got em in the mail
Have you ever flipped yours back? Did it hurt your grab bar or frame?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
kilion said:
What I want in a grab bar is that:

- don't bend (if flips back)
- large and free area to grab (to remove my baby out of the mud)
- looks good ;)
- not essential, that can carry something (going to buy bread :p )

Found this one, but I'm not sure (even if "WE MAKE THE BEST ATV AFTERMARKET PARTS IN THE WORLD!!!")

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150054981603&ru

This is what we call a SIX PACK RACK, here in the US. While this type of Grab Bar can be useful, they also generally add extra weight...to an already wheelie happy machine.

What I would really like in a rear Grabber is a Unique Design, something that will go w/the Unique Design of our Raptors!

Any ideas will be highly appreciated!

Ride hard!

Kilion

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ice4me said:
StuntPunkJames said:
Have you ever flipped yours back? Did it hurt your grab bar or frame?
No sure havent i try and keep it on all fours......Im pretty sure if any grab bar (stock or aftermarket) will bend or go to shit if hit hard enough, they are Alum. not steel (such as 12 bars for streetbikes)...also like you said wouldnt want to transfer all the impact to the frame :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I like my PRM and just ordered their nerfs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The pro armor Race grab bar is nice, You should look at that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a prm grab bar. I ride alot of wheelies with it and it has not bent, but the subframe cracked 3 times!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i also have the pro armor race grab bar, it's a little bit thicker but works great and looks just as good, follows the lines of the quad. the extended side are really nice for picking up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree that the ProArmor race grab bar looks nice: :thumbsup:

But as far as I manage to see it don't have where to bolt the licence plate bracket that came with my baby:

:3question: :3question: :3question:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts