Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the benefit of going with a longer steering stem and what are the best handle bars money can buy i hear Pro Taper is good also what is the best steering stem
I am 6 foot 2

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well for taller people you dont have to bend over as far and most usually come with rubber dampeners so it vibrates less. Handles are like exhaust, its more subjective on personal preference. They are all similar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Be careful with taller stem, bars will have to be lower than stock to compensate with +2 or +3 stem, due to length of cables/wires(you can only go about 2" more total height,taller with flatter bars), and with lower bars, especially 1 1/8", its harder to find correct pullback. The pullback doesn't seem to matter as much the taller you are though. I'm about the same height and I couldn't stand anything but near stock pullback (stock is about 3.5") Took three sets of bars to figure this out (stem came with frontend, so didn't have choice of height, it was +3)I would have got +1 stem-7/8" raptor bend bar if it didn't come with my front end. Am at that total Height gain now, :lol: seems real comfy. Just my .02

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run a houser +3/4 with pro taper 1 1/8 atv high bend bars and it feels alot better than stock. I tried runnin some cr low bend bars with the stock stem and they hit the tank cover portion of plastic. With a longer stem it gives you the freedom to run whatever bar you choose but i think their main goal is to make the quad more comfortable. I have heard of people going to longer stems and getting dramatic increases in arm pump. I suggest riding other peoples bikes with different stems before commiting to buying.

·
Registered
429 Posts
anti vibe and more room, I'm 6'5" :beer:
I have a lone star stem with renthal ATV RACE bend bars. I like the bars for the tall, wide, flat bend but to each his own! The stem is supposidly labled stock length but it's actually 3/4" taller combined with the bars I have lot's of leg room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.