Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, wrecked my quad, long story short im trying to swap parts from a yfz450 i have to try and figure out what exactly isnt bent. The tie rod ends, and ball joints are irritating the hell out of me.. U cant hit them with a hammer you damage threads, you cant use a ball joint separator without ripping the damn boots, does no one make a specific ATV tool like this for a car? It works perfect but too damn big for a quad. On a side note i wrecked my quad pretty good, my camber is just VERY slightly off (no one would probably notice except me) My top arm was bent, and my tie rod was pretty bent, replaced them both. Tried to swap out a bottom arm, still same camber, only thing i can think of is my knuckle?

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I would investigate your spindle before assuming the camber is off because of a ball joint.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Check your frame for damage...........

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
When you are trying to get the ball joint out, thread the nut back on the stud upside down leaving approx. 1/16" of the nut above the stud. Then take a drift pin and a hammer and smack that son of a biatch outa there! ;)

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Take a flat tip drift or a small ballpene hammer and hit the spindle pretty hard where the ball joint stud goes through it and it will pop right off.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long story short, ended up beating the piss out of them, ripped boots etc. Got all the parts swapped over from the one side from another bike and the camber goes the opposite way now! lol I dont see anywhere my frame could be tweaked or anything else. Ill have to do what i can, any tricks for a good alignment other then driving up and dwn the street?

Might have to sell the bike since im such a perfectionist, if stuff doesnt start lining up =[

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts