Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. I have an 05 660 stock putting on looney tuned dual exhausts a K&N filter with lid removed and a vitos jet kit at 1000 ft above sea level. What should I go with far as jets and clip position? Thanks...

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
I'd start with 160L/165R mains, 125 pilots, needle clips at center or one below center, screws at 2.5 turns out.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hello all.. I have an 05 660 stock putting on looney tuned dual exhausts a K&N filter with lid removed and a vitos jet kit at 1000 ft above sea level. What should I go with far as jets and clip position? Thanks...
You will also need aftermarket needles......................

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yes, the Vito's kit comes with aftermarket needles. Were you looking for more suggestions earlier?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No thought I was in a chat box hit tab or my mouse pad on the laptop I guess.. Thanks for the info now just waiting on my jet kit was supposed to be here today but it didnt show up... getting a little impatient...

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
You will also need aftermarket needles......................

Good needles come with the Vitos kit - I didn't notice that he had the kit the first time I read through either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well guys got the exaust on and the carbs jetted checked the floats were at about 16mm didnt get to do the clear tube yet but took it out after work (only cause it was to late last night after I got it back together, I sure wanted to run it down the street then..lol) It ran awesome starts great idles great runs open throttle great powerful and torque as all hell had just alittle bit of a stumble but dont even remember when or where it was but Thanks for all the help..Oh and went with 155L 160R 25's and 2turns out.. Im happy for now will check Sundaywhen I ride where the stutter is and see if I can clear it up but it wasnt much at all.... thanks again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys went with 155 160 thats what looney tuned suggested and it runs awesome (smoked my buddy that is cammed with yoshi)Only thing as it studders just a millisecond when I punch it you can barely feel it but I know its there.. lol What would you suggest to fix it or where would I start? Thanks...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Start by checking your plug. Jetting varies for altitudes, what works for someone at sea level wont work for someone at 10,000ft. Look at your plug. If the porcelain part at the bottom of the plug is white, your running lean, brown is good, and black is rich. You may be a little lean or a little rich. Could be causing that stutter. I'm no expert but it's a start.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Alright guys went with 155 160 thats what looney tuned suggested and it runs awesome (smoked my buddy that is cammed with yoshi)Only thing as it studders just a millisecond when I punch it you can barely feel it but I know its there.. lol What would you suggest to fix it or where would I start? Thanks...
Studders on accelleration from idle or where, we need to know under what circumstances and throttle position.........
What size pilots are you using and where are you needles set, and what kind of needles.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Turn your fuel screws out another 1/4 turn - should get rid of hesitation when coming onto throttle from idle to 1/4. If it's happening much above 1/4, then it's the needles.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Turn your fuel screws out another 1/4 turn - should get rid of hesitation when coming onto throttle from idle to 1/4 it it's much above 1/4, then it's the needles.
I was going to say to go to three turns, thats me though, if that doesnt solve it, raise the needles one notch...........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts