Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone tell me if a raptor 2006 gytr has raptor a arms or does it come with yzf450 a arms to fit the yzf 450 shocks that come on gytr?

wanting a suspension upgrade but cant afford the a arms as well as pep shocks at the moment.

thanks guys

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I wasn't aware that YFZ450 shocks came stock on ANY edition Raptor.....

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
The 2007 GYT-R Edition had rezzies on the front shocks, and then everyone 2008+ had them aswell.
That doesn't make them YFZ shocks

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
To answer your question you have both YFZ and Raptor A-arms. Both ATV's utilize the same A-arm setup.

If your purchasing shocks get them for the Raptor. If you get YFZ shocks, even though they are for the same A-arms they will be valved differently because of the weight difference in the ATV's.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
To answer your question you have both YFZ and Raptor A-arms. Both ATV's utilize the same A-arm setup.

If your purchasing shocks get them for the Raptor. If you get YFZ shocks, even though they are for the same A-arms they will be valved differently because of the weight difference in the ATV's.
The YFZ shocks are also about a inch shorter. I'm guessing the YFZ has a different top mount setup.

The SE/GYTR shocks from 2007 are the same that came on the 2008 model. Descent shocks for the price you can get them used, but if you go for new ones, you probably have better options.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Why you always gotta be so smart Steve? Sheesh...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts