Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an '01 about 2 months ago....have it all tore down while its cold,doing all bearings,bushings,clean up,etc...

I have the front shocks off right now,and am wondering if anyone can tell me what these shocks are...if aftermarket brand,or some swapped from another kind of bike..??...They are a dual rate spring..

If they ever need rebuilding,or to replace the bearings,kinda have to know what they are...LOL

Did some searching...look kinda like Works shocks...??

What do you guys think..??

DSCF5613.jpg

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Those are definetly aftermarket. They look like a set of works shocks But I cant be sure. If you need them worked on send them to wigistyle and they will be able to tune them up. In fact you could PM Wigistyle and ask them to look at the picture. :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Those are definetly aftermarket. They look like a set of works shocks But I cant be sure. If you need them worked on send them to wigistyle and they will be able to tune them up. In fact you could PM Wigistyle and ask them to look at the picture. :)
+1 they look like works shocks but hit up josh im sure he'll know and hook you up with the sale price that he has going on till end of feb for redoing your shocks

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Picked up an '01 about 2 months ago....have it all tore down while its cold,doing all bearings,bushings,clean up,etc...

I have the front shocks off right now,and am wondering if anyone can tell me what these shocks are...if aftermarket brand,or some swapped from another kind of bike..??...They are a dual rate spring..

If they ever need rebuilding,or to replace the bearings,kinda have to know what they are...LOL

Did some searching...look kinda like Works shocks...??

What do you guys think..??

View attachment 46177
Actually they are a triple rate spring, and from the size of the shaft, the appearance of the body and the way the compression adjustment knob is attached I'd say they are Works Pro Series.

·
Registered
112 Posts
These shocks look like older TCS shocks. If they are works performance they will not have a threaded body for spring pre-load adjustment.

One way to tell if it is a works shock is by the internals. They use a different style of piston, and valving.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Works pro series have threaded preload adjustment, but now that I look closer they may not be works, because works uses a different collar for that threaded preload.

It's the works at-steeler line that does not have the threaded preload.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys...!!!

By doing a google search,I came up with this pic,which the TCS look exactly like the ones I have.
pict0008.jpg

Searching TCS also led me to believe these are a pretty decent shock....anyone have any experience with TCS's on their Raptor..??

Thanks again...

·
Registered
112 Posts
TCS was owned and operated by Todd Davis who is now apart of Race Tech. They haven't made them since 2008. You can still get the parts, etc. to service them.

The expierences I had with the shocks were great.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i'm late, oops, but those are definitely TCS shocks.. i have a pair that were identical. the preload nut and compression knob were a dead give-away.

great shocks. i had two banshee's with nearly identical set-ups except one had elka shocks and the other had TCS shocks.. the banshee with the TCS shocks handled ALOT better than the elka suspended banshee. i switched shocks on the two machines and the result was the same: the 'shee with the TCS shocks handled. both shocks were supposed to be valved and sprung for the same weight and riding style. the TCS shocks were valved and sprung from TCS, the elka shocks were valved and sprung from elka.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i don't have pictures without the shock covers. the reservoirs are behind the bumper on the pink one.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Aw, how cute, His and Hers.
yeah i know.. i took alot of shots for this, but i had never seen a baby blue quad and i did mine first. it turned out well. after she seen mine, she whined until she got her way.

for the record, i rode the pink bike more than she did. i got her a rhino a few months later.. her banshee and raptor 700 were pretty much parked unless i rode them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again guys....

Do any of you guys know what the pressure is supposed to be in the rezzies of these TCS's..??

Later...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts