Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question: What kind are the standard OEM shocks that come on a new 2011 Raptor 700? The manual I have is for an older rappy and it's front shock info looks completely different then what I have.

They look like this:

Second question: Does anyone know how to adjust these suckas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bottom screw is rebound.
Second screw up top is slow speed compression and the nut is high speed compression.
If you check your owners manual the instructions are in there.

How big are you?
I only weigh 72kg with riding gear and even Hardened right up they still feel to plush for me.
I wound the high speed nut one full turn clock wise.
Then the slow speed 3 clicks back from max hard.
The rebound screw on mine is 3 clicks back from max hard.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.

Does anyone have any idea as to who makes these suckers? See picture above. I remember someone telling me Yamaha acquired some Japanese company and made them "internally". Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Those look like OEM shocks to me. In 08 they all came with these and some 07's also did to. Before that they were the standard Pogos. I don't know if there made by any of the big name makes but I think they would just be Yamaha shocks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. Is there a rebuild kit or something you have to get when they re-valved?

I'm not going to do it myself obviously, but what do I tell the shock guru what kind they are? Just tell him Yamaha shocks and have him figure it out?

Anybody got an idea on how much it would cost to get these suckas revalved?

Or should I just punt and buy some better ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Re valved stockers are supposed to do very well. They have adjustments that only the big money aftermarket ones would. Never rode any myself just what I read on here. If the shock builder says he don't know what parts to use for them I would find another shock guru because they are very popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.