Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had the 3 mods, but it turns out I only have 2 1/2 mods. I thought I had the ProDesign intake with the K&N filter, but it is not. First off, the filter. I have the smaller, cylindrical K&N filter (the one that comes with the K&N intake). The manifold itself is square on the outside, instead of round with bolt holes sticking out in four directions. The inside diameter is only 2.5''. All the intake says on it is "Raptor 700". So, i have two questions. 1. What brand is this intake (I will try to post pictures later, I am at work now)? 2. Would I gain anything by going to a normal ProDesign, GYTR, or Trinity intake? If so, would it be enough to be worth it, as I have already spent around $100 on the original intake?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the filter I have fits on the intake adapter. It is already installed, and has been for several months now. I know that it increased performance, but I don't know if a real ProDesign intake kit would increase it more (since my adapter's inner diameter is only 2.5'')

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Get a picture up and Im sure we can tell you then. :thumbsup:

The Prodesign says Pro-flow and Raptor 700 on it and I beleive it does measure 3 inches.

There is a K&N intake and Modquad (maybe the same intake) that is a tad smaller and does not have a beveled opening.

Trinity is the largest and I beleive it measures 3.5 inch's

You would gain by going to a trinity but I doubt it would be big enough for you butt dyno to notice. Especially with just basic mods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
That looks like the Modquad intake. Its one alot of dealers will carry because they are a little cheaper for them.

Here is a Pro-Design compared to a K&N

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Rapt0rMan said:
but his adapter is square... It also looks bigger than the one on the right...
The modquad intake is square. Didnt have a pic of it and it maybe bigger not sure :thumbsup:

Found a pic

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So would I gain anything by going to the ProDesign, GYTR, or Trinity? I remember in another thread it was said the the ProDesign measured 3'' in diameter (inner). Mine is only 2.5''. Would .5'' make a difference?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
dionysos said:
So would I gain anything by going to the ProDesign, GYTR, or Trinity? I remember in another thread it was said the the ProDesign measured 3'' in diameter (inner). Mine is only 2.5''. Would .5'' make a difference?
The Trinity is 3.5" the Pro-design/GYTR is 3" and I dont think it would be anything you could notice with basic mods. Spend your money on something else. :thumbsup:

G

·
bberck said:
dionysos said:
The Trinity is 3.5" the Pro-design/GYTR is 3" and I dont think it would be anything you could notice with basic mods. Spend your money on something else. :thumbsup:
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts