Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really looking to have some fun with a sleeper 700!! how cool would it be to kick but with a stock oem pipe on your bike8) so im just wondering if anyone has did some mods and left the stock pipe on, and seen any dyno pulls??:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I did a sleeper budget build once. Had a 11:1 JE piston, HCII, dobeck controller, K&N, and cleaned up head port and it made 53hp at HDD. Later cut the muffler open and emptied the internals all the way, rewelded and painted it, and put a GYTR head pipe on it... probably good for at least 2-3 hp... lots of fun messing with dudes with 450's and Dual pipe'd 700's :lol:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
My buddy has stock pipe. PC V with timing, FCI, & a custom tune. I think he started stock around 42hp & ended up making low 50's HP. Torque jumped to 43, from mid 30's.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just LOVE a sleeper'' there's nothing cooler than a bike that looks like a stocker that ends up haul'n balls:eek: this is why i run stock fenders on my trx, its really fun to unload mid 70s hp on built bikes with it!! now that im ready to start on this raptor build, id like to keep it looking stock as poss'':)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hey PW...is that post in the Dyno section on Modded Raptor that DL did your bike? The one where he tried to make a sleeper?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I did a sleeper budget build once. Had a 11:1 JE piston, HCII, dobeck controller, K&N, and cleaned up head port and it made 53hp at HDD. Later cut the muffler open and emptied the internals all the way, rewelded and painted it, and put a GYTR head pipe on it... probably good for at least 2-3 hp... lots of fun messing with dudes with 450's and Dual pipe'd 700's :lol:
I think this was the bike I was thinking of. I remember DL posting about it a few years ago..

I bet it would really put the hurt on some 450s and dual 700s.. I read on yfzcentral the other day about a guy that says FCI/pipe yfzs will own 700s :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I don't think so. Lol

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
im really looking to have some fun with a sleeper 700!! how cool would it be to kick but with a stock oem pipe on your bike8) so im just wondering if anyone has did some mods and left the stock pipe on, and seen any dyno pulls??:eek:
Now everyone knows what your'e up to and won't race you. NOT! I dont look for pipes, fenders or lock-up's. I'll race whats along side me. If I lose, oh-well, if I win, YEA.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I listen to them make a pass. I've beat a lot of fast bikes that I shouldn't have because of the rider.:D Then again I've lost a lot of races to fast bikes.:'(

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
I used to beat a friend of mine really bad on 450 Hondas. Then I taught him how and where to shift. I never beat him again. He weighed 125lb's, I weighed 235lb's. I can still out ride him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts