Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to this thing. I have a 09 raptor 700r with the full jsr pipe, a pc5 programmer, and some other little cosmetic upgrades including a front end haha... but i was wondering what you guys would suggest for my next step for a little more hp's :wow: (gotta love em) i was thinking the fci intake or maybe a cam??? i have no clue i would like some suggestions please.:thumbsup:

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Do you have an intake now? The hotcam 2 will give you some more on top (it just revs faster than stock) and is a very ez to do mod..

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Intake (you're not running the stocker are you?), cam + piston... Do the cam and piston at the same time, ain't much longer to do so you'll save time.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
11:1-11.5:1 CP piston and HC3 run curve 2 on with DL curves you'll be surprised what it gains.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
As always, some more info on your $ allowance and ride style will help in guidance.
A cam and intake with a new map will be noticeable improvement. As far as intake I would definitely spend the extra money to get the FCI if you think you will continue to mod power in the future. Its more flow than you will use at this point, but it will be there when you go further with a build. The tube & filter are huge?

One thing I played around with was gearing for more power. Its very cheap and easy to swap sprockets. There are a lot of guys on here that run a 15t front which I don't understand. I rarely exceed 60mph. Personally I want to launch from low speed as fast as possible, so I geared down instead and love it. It was a big improvement for me in the hills.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
13T humm I bet 5,000ft. elevation and tires had a lot do with it .. Im at 300ft and ride fast trails mostly 3rd and 4th gears. With stock gearing 14-38 all I did was spin the tires and hit the rev limiter, So I went to 15-36 and WOW.. it's all about setup..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
13T humm I bet 5,000ft. elevation and tires had a lot do with it .. Im at 300ft and ride fast trails mostly 3rd and 4th gears. With stock gearing 14-38 all I did was spin the tires and hit the rev limiter, So I went to 15-36 and WOW.. it's all about setup..
+1. I was everywhere and got the unexpected wheelie on stock gear.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'd suggest the Hot Cam Stage II camshaft and the Fuel Custom intake. Although, if you already have a front end it wouldn't hurt to purchase a rear shock; in fact, it has the ability to decrease your lap times if built correctly.

www.kbmatv.com

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hi, i am new to this thing. I have a 09 raptor 700r with the full jsr pipe, a pc5 programmer, and some other little cosmetic upgrades including a front end haha... but i was wondering what you guys would suggest for my next step for a little more hp's :wow: (gotta love em) i was thinking the fci intake or maybe a cam??? i have no clue i would like some suggestions please.:thumbsup:
HOLY SHIT! Someone else with the JSR Exhaust! You are my new BFF :lol: I have the JSR Exhaust, PCV, FCI, HC2 and +3 TB for performance upgrades. I've also done suspension upgrades which I would strongly recommend.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
What are you using for header bolts, Stock ? The JSR head pipes are so big that it is hard to get the nut on...
HOLY SHIT! Someone else with the JSR Exhaust! You are my new BFF :lol: I have the JSR Exhaust, PCV, FCI, HC2 and +3 TB for performance upgrades. I've also done suspension upgrades which I would strongly recommend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i have the full system, the pc5, and i have houser longtravel a arms with elka stage 4's. but ya what kind of hp's are you pullin?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
ya i have the full system, the pc5, and i have houser longtravel a arms with elka stage 4's. but ya what kind of hp's are you pullin?
49.39hp on EHS Racing Dyno which is a little harsh. On any other dyno it would apparently pull around 52. Do your header bolts back off at all? Mine do all time and the flange that holds them to the header is weak. I'm going to have a set made out of something stronger than aluminium. I really want to remove the head studs and drive in some allen headed bolts to replace them all together.

I am in the process now of swapping to a +.5 LT houser front end with elka stage 4 also. I managed to get 1 side done last night :rolleyes: that dam upper a-arm bolt didnt go down without a fight :mad:

If you do get the FCI and +3TB I have a dyno tuned map I can send you with about perfect AFR that you are welcome to use if you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya mine with the pc5 and exhaust is making i think 43-44??? somewhere around there i live in kansas and talk to john (guy who made the exhaust :metal: ) and he wants me to do the fci and then idk what else but im sure he has some stuff in mind... maybe some work on my head but im wanting to wait to put a cam and stuff in it untill i have to rebuild... but no my bolts arnt coming out, and yes those damn upper a arm bolts were a pain in my ass to get off. but it took me about 1 1/2 hours to do mine. i cant believe how big of a difference the arms and shocks made. :wow: its like riding on a cloud after you hit those jumps haha

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I wouldnt hold off on the cam if I could do it all again, I dont think it added much power but it DEFINITELY revs up quicker and makes it a LOT more fun to ride. The cam install isnt breaking into the engine either, not like changing a piston would be.

I feel better with my 49.39 then :lol:

Here is how she sits, I have some shock adjusting in my future and plan to send them off to get rebuilt...probably by elka at this point. :rolleyes:
I actually kindof like all the red up front.... :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Now that is one sexy front end...:)
+1....... I kinda like the RED too!!! Elka rear shock....red bar pad for the FLEXX bars....a little more red trim= SEXY TIME!!! :wow:

SORRY back to the thread......piston and cam definitely at the same time go with a HC3 and a 11:1 piston....BUT do the FCI intake and +3mm tb first! IMO!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
oh and if you do the cam now (I have HC2 and LOVE IT!) with what you have, you will have a BIG grin on your face. IDK if it actually adds Hp so much as opens it up....and boy does it! Its a less involved install than doing the poston. Dont feel like you have to do them at the same time, you can but the mod police wont come getcha if you dont :lol:

I ride trails and appreciate the low end tq while lugging around in 3rd :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts